activation taking awhile...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 29, 2007
so this sucks, go through, to activate the phone, and it gets to a point after all the info's entered etc and then it says "this could take up to 6 minutes to activiate etc" well, it took more then 6 minutes, then went to a screen saying " check your email because we need more time to activate your phone etc" which wouldn't bother me to bad, if i could play with the phone, but u cant get past the first screen where it tellls u to activate the phone.....so now i have ot sit here and wait for the email and i cant even play with my new Toy!:mad:

Jun 29, 2007
well, acctualy i can make emergency calls....so i guess if i REALLY wanted to do something with it, i could prank call 911 for fun!

enohpi

Jun 29, 2007
so this sucks, go through, to activate the phone, and it gets to a point after all the info's entered etc and then it says "this could take up to 6 minutes to activiate etc" well, it took more then 6 minutes, then went to a screen saying " check your email because we need more time to activate your phone etc" which wouldn't bother me to bad, if i could play with the phone, but u cant get past the first screen where it tellls u to activate the phone.....so now i have ot sit here and wait for the email and i cant even play with my new Toy!:mad:
Can you type into it in the landscape mode as well? Saw it on TV, and the
reporters showed only how tiny the letter keys are when the iPhone is held
in its upright position. If only upright? - That sucks!

Jun 29, 2007
this wouldn't be nearly as terrible waiting if i could "play" with it....just staring a emergeny call screen is getting VERY boring, VERY fast.. 1 hour and 30 minutes and waiting...

Jun 29, 2007
i tried calling the activation line, but after im on hold for about 2-3 minutes, the phone call drops every time...seems like they are doing it on purpose or something.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
My online activation attempt failed because I get a discount for being a Government employee. I am on hold for the businesss center so they can remove it. After I get activated they will put it back on.