Activation with no service?

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem... But I tried activating my iPhone about 24 hours ago and just like everyone else, it took forever. A million calls to tech support later, we got it worked out (well kinda, i don't know what to think), and after a few more hours of waiting, I got a confirmation email saying that my iPhone was activated with a new number and all that.

Well, Sure enough it lets me load my contacts, music, movies and all that jazz onto it... But when I disconnect it... It says "Waiting for AT&T activation, this may take some time"? So its been activated and I can use all of the iPhone functions except any that have to do with AT&T. (calling, visual voicemail, EDGE) So I can play with the iPod feature and watch movies and take notes and whatever... But it says in the top corner "No Service" where the bars should be. And when I plug it into my computer, I get this.....

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8395/picture1vp2.png

If you look at the phone number part it says "N/A"

What the hell is going ON?! Its been so damn long... I just want my phone to work! :( :( :(

JAF

Jun 27, 2007
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem... But I tried activating my iPhone about 24 hours ago and just like everyone else, it took forever. A million calls to tech support later, we got it worked out (well kinda, i don't know what to think), and after a few more hours of waiting, I got a confirmation email saying that my iPhone was activated with a new number and all that.

Well, Sure enough it lets me load my contacts, music, movies and all that jazz onto it... But when I disconnect it... It says "Waiting for AT&T activation, this may take some time"? So its been activated and I can use all of the iPhone functions except any that have to do with AT&T. (calling, visual voicemail, EDGE) So I can play with the iPod feature and watch movies and take notes and whatever... But it says in the top corner "No Service" where the bars should be. And when I plug it into my computer, I get this.....

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8395/picture1vp2.png

If you look at the phone number part it says "N/A"

What the hell is going ON?! Its been so damn long... I just want my phone to work! :( :( :(
Try this number 1-888-898-7685. I used the automated system and 15 minuets later….Boom service

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
Thanks bud, I tried that number but it said they couldn't find my number on record... It is just a brand new number, I didn't try to port one over.

Jul 1, 2007
Same Here

There is the same problem with my wife's iPhone. Mine activated in about 5 minutes. Hers took 8 hours to get the emails saying that everything is working from iTunes, but still getting the AT&T message on the iPhone with no service 5 more hours later.

Grrr....

JAF

Jun 27, 2007
Sorry I missed the new number part of your post. :(

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
Sorry I missed the new number part of your post. :(
Naw its cool man, I just don't know what to do! Tech Support doesn't know jack **** about the iPhone and its activation... AT&T... Time to get it together!

Jul 1, 2007
Still hosed

I also missed the number (by posts crossing in the ether). Thanks! I tried it, however, and it told me that the system was experiencing technical difficulties and tried to forward me to a person. Their offices are closed, unfortunately....

Still no phone for my wife... :(

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
Ugh this is a disaster, thanks AT&T.