Activesync for iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jgodden

Sep 6, 2007
Charleston WV
Like most people, i previously used WindowsMobile smartphones prior to getting my iPhone. I use it for more than just music. In fact, music isn't even used all that often. I use it a lot for the calendar and email/internet mostly. So here is my question. Is there some kind of software out there, similar to activesync that will let me sync my phone with Outlook (2007) without loading up iTunes every single time i need to sync?

Something that will detect that ive connected my phone, and then sync my contacts/calendar/etc?

One restriction is that it has to work on a non-jailbreak phone

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Honestly, iTunes doesn't require that many more resources that activesync.

As for being automatic, when you plug in the phone, iTunes kicks up and starts syncing. Can't get a whole lot more automatic than that.

Not trying to start a war here, just stating the facts.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Well I know that Mark-Space is working on something that is supposed to be similar to activesync (in that it bypasses iTunes), but it still hasn't come out yet (I don't think).

Apple is supposedly working on this according to Macrumors and Appleinsider, so maybe in the future?

Edit - man, I just realized you're on a winbox. Sorry, I can't really help you out there. For now, I think you're out of luck.