Activiation Delay

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

northhall

Jun 30, 2007
I bought my phone today activated it this afternoon and it is still not working yet. I called At&t. They say I'm in the queue but don't know how long it will be. I asked if it would be hours or days. No one knows. Anyone else having problems? Its been about 7 hours now.:( I was so excited about starting to use my phone and show all my friends at work on Monday. Now I'm not sure it will be ready.

C130

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
Neither me nor my wife had any delays, took about 3 minutes for each phone and everything seems to work perfect. The volume is also good, not a problem at all. Everything transferred from my Mac perfectly such as bookmarks, contacts, songs, etc. We already had AT&T, not sure if that matters or not.

T

T0M

Same exact thing that is happening to me.

I went out and bought the phone, happy as can be. Came home to activate it and it's been plugged into the PC from 3pm on the doc with iTunes open and I've been checking my email EVERY 2 mins.

This is getting out of hand. It's going on 10 hours now and I haven't had a cell phone all day cause my other phone says "Unregistered Sim". I called AT&T like 4 times today and they all basically tell me the same thing. And I did get the same thing you said, that they can see I'm in "queue" and don't know how long it will take.

I'm really getting pissed off....

EDIT: I live in New Jersey also and it's doing it here so it's not just Texas ;)

Heckler

Jul 1, 2007
Purchased mine in Northern VA on Saturday afternoon EST and whole registration process took about 20 minutes including porting my Verizon number. I just used this 20 minutes to sync my Outlook contacts and iTunes music over to the phone. Everything went as smooth as possible.

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
Same exact thing that is happening to me.

I went out and bought the phone, happy as can be. Came home to activate it and it's been plugged into the PC from 3pm on the doc with iTunes open and I've been checking my email EVERY 2 mins.

This is getting out of hand. It's going on 10 hours now and I haven't had a cell phone all day cause my other phone says "Unregistered Sim". I called AT&T like 4 times today and they all basically tell me the same thing. And I did get the same thing you said, that they can see I'm in "queue" and don't know how long it will take.

I'm really getting pissed off....

EDIT: I live in New Jersey also and it's doing it here so it's not just Texas ;)

Iam going on 26hrs 3 emails and still not activated:mad:

mstrnewb17

Jun 5, 2007
ive been waiting all day for AT&T to transfer my verizon number over to the iPhone. they said it could take 24-48 hours! i want to use this damn thing

gentlegiantcraig

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Sunny South Florida
I bought my phone today activated it this afternoon and it is still not working yet. I called At&t. They say I'm in the queue but don't know how long it will be. I asked if it would be hours or days. No one knows. Anyone else having problems? Its been about 7 hours now.:( I was so excited about starting to use my phone and show all my friends at work on Monday. Now I'm not sure it will be ready.
I bought mine on friday. When home to activate it. 23 hours later, the phone was activated. Its going to be a while.