Add 1 Calendar event and pick multiple calendars to add it to?

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by PDACPA, May 10, 2012.

1. PDACPA

PDACPA Member
    Silver

I am constantly having to create duplicate calendar entries because the naitve iOS calendar app only allows you to select 1 calendar. Is there a way to select more than one of my multiple calendar's (ie: Home calendar & work calendar)?

I have a home calendar that is shared with my wife and not the office. However, if i have a doctor's appointment, I want my wife to remember it as well as the office to know I will be out.

Thanks

2. PDACPA

PDACPA Member
    Silver

I went searching for an answer and found my old thread from over 2 years ago.

WHY? can we not pick multiple calendars when we create an event on our iPhone/ipad etc? Sometimes I need my work and home calendar to have the same entry. I have to create it 2x so my work sees the event and my family does.

Is it that hard to add a right arrow on the calendar entry and let you touch 1 or 2 or more calendars for the event to show up on?

3. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

Why are you posting in more than thread?

4. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

I would just make another calendar called "Shared" that would have common events for both of you. Otherwise you have to put it into both.

EDIT: I just saw that you share your home calendar with your wife. I would think they would both update via the cloud (if you have it enabled) if you both have the same calendar on your phones.