Add 1 Calendar event and pick multiple calendars to add it to?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
I am constantly having to create duplicate calendar entries because the naitve iOS calendar app only allows you to select 1 calendar. Is there a way to select more than one of my multiple calendar's (ie: Home calendar & work calendar)?

I have a home calendar that is shared with my wife and not the office. However, if i have a doctor's appointment, I want my wife to remember it as well as the office to know I will be out.

Thanks

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
I went searching for an answer and found my old thread from over 2 years ago.

WHY? can we not pick multiple calendars when we create an event on our iPhone/ipad etc? Sometimes I need my work and home calendar to have the same entry. I have to create it 2x so my work sees the event and my family does.

Is it that hard to add a right arrow on the calendar entry and let you touch 1 or 2 or more calendars for the event to show up on?

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
I would just make another calendar called "Shared" that would have common events for both of you. Otherwise you have to put it into both.

EDIT: I just saw that you share your home calendar with your wife. I would think they would both update via the cloud (if you have it enabled) if you both have the same calendar on your phones.