Add 200 GB of storage to your iPhone for $120

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Rafagon, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

SanDisk's new 200 GB "Wireless Stick" does exactly what the name suggests… It allows you to Stick it to Tim Cook by wirelessly adding 200 GB of storage to your iOS device* for a very reasonable $120—much cheaper than paying Apple to pre-install the storage space on your iPhone!

Of course, there are some caveats. You'll need to use the [free] SanDisk Connect app if you want to be able to access that storage space. I'm also guessing you won't be able to store iTunes-purchased content on the Stick.

*Also works with Android devices, Macs, and PCs

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

That is correct. You are much better off with a large amount of internal storage. Also, iOS 9 unintentionally disabled Lighting port access of SanDisk Lighting storage devices. The only two options for fixing it were connecting it to an iOS 8 devices and upgrading it from there or upgrading it on a PC. If all you had access to were Macs and iOS 9 devices, it became a very expensive flash drive with a useless Lightning port. Luckily, my old iPhone was still running iOS 8 so I was able to fix it, but I developed some trust issues with SanDisk after that.

3. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Contributor
    Silver

There is nothing unintentional bout that lol.

4. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Contributor
    Silver

nothing unintentional about that it's Apple we are talking about