Add All Installer Sources for maximum app selection

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Go to Installer, push Sources, then Edit, then Add, then type in ride4.org/shai.xml, then Done, then Refresh, then push Install on the bottom, then go to All Packages, find "All Sources" and install it. Now all available apps will show up! Your selection is now maximized.

EDIT: Just so you know, your "Refreshing Sources" wait till will be increased to about 45 seconds to a minute. Decide if that's worth it to you... (I think it is with all the selection you get).

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Go to Installer, push Sources, then Edit, then Add, then type in ride4.org/shai.xml, then Done, then Refresh, then push Install on the bottom, then go to All Packages, find "All Sources" and install it. Now all available apps will show up! Your selection is now maximized.
Thanks for the link!

amiroo79

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Southern California
Is this source approved?

Thanks but are the apps on this source approved and well tested? I'm concerned because I don't want to install something that will crash my phone. And if that ever happens, what is the right thing to do? Restore? Just curious.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Thanks but are the apps on this source approved and well tested? I'm concerned because I don't want to install something that will crash my phone. And if that ever happens, what is the right thing to do? Restore? Just curious.
This source list is simply an easy way to put the other sources in your installer software. You always want to be careful with installing anything on the phone. If you see a program that you are interested in, search these forums and see if people are talking about it. If it is good software it will have been discussed somewhere in here, same if it causes problems.
As to your second question it all depends upon what happens with the software as far as how severe the fix will need to be. A lot of times just removing the software fixes it, reinstalling something else occasionally fixes it and as a last resort a restore may be needed.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
This source list is simply an easy way to put the other sources in your installer software. You always want to be careful with installing anything on the phone. If you see a program that you are interested in, search these forums and see if people are talking about it. If it is good software it will have been discussed somewhere in here, same if it causes problems.
As to your second question it all depends upon what happens with the software as far as how severe the fix will need to be. A lot of times just removing the software fixes it, reinstalling something else occasionally fixes it and as a last resort a restore may be needed.
That's exactly what you should do before installing anything. Check the forums. Do some research. Never install anything unless you have read up on it.

amiroo79

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Southern California
That's exactly what you should do before installing anything. Check the forums. Do some research. Never install anything unless you have read up on it.
Well, that does not always work but it is the best thing to do anyways.

Reason why I say that is because I installed the iRadio application (great app according to everyone with it's fair share of issues). But, the issue I had was somewhat weird and scary: I installed it. Started using it on speaker. Then, I plugged in my headset into it. I heard nothing. Took out the jack, heard nothing. No volume on my phone. Seemed like the volume on my phone got knocked out for some reason. I made a call and put the phone on speaker. Heard everything just fine. Played a movie, heard nothing. Restarted, but had the same issue.
I did 3 or 4 more restarts and it all of a sudden worked again (my volume that is; sound on my phone). I looked up on forum posts and all I saw was people complaining about volume control, not major issues like that. So, I uninstalled it.
Bottom line, that program could have wiped out my volume on my phone being the way it is. So, I will have to wait for the newer version to come out before I reinstall it. Scary situation though as I was about to do a restore thinking it wiped out my sound functionality.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Well, that does not always work but it is the best thing to do anyways.

Reason why I say that is because I installed the iRadio application (great app according to everyone with it's fair share of issues). But, the issue I had was somewhat weird and scary: I installed it. Started using it on speaker. Then, I plugged in my headset into it. I heard nothing. Took out the jack, heard nothing. No volume on my phone. Seemed like the volume on my phone got knocked out for some reason. I made a call and put the phone on speaker. Heard everything just fine. Played a movie, heard nothing. Restarted, but had the same issue.
I did 3 or 4 more restarts and it all of a sudden worked again (my volume that is; sound on my phone). I looked up on forum posts and all I saw was people complaining about volume control, not major issues like that. So, I uninstalled it.
Bottom line, that program could have wiped out my volume on my phone being the way it is. So, I will have to wait for the newer version to come out before I reinstall it. Scary situation though as I was about to do a restore thinking it wiped out my sound functionality.
It might also have been nothing more than a coincidence. You mentioned that you plugged in your headphones while playing music and then you started having problems. You could have a short in your headphones or fell subject to the known issue affecting the switch inside the headphone jack not fully releasing so sounds don't always work. If you read up on a piece of software and more than one or two people use it with no problems and have used it for some time with no problems (or at least no severe problems) then it is a pretty good assumption that you will have the same performance UNLESS you have other mitigating circumstances such as a defective headset or other odd issues (not saying you do, just giving an example).

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
It might also have been nothing more than a coincidence. You mentioned that you plugged in your headphones while playing music and then you started having problems. You could have a short in your headphones or fell subject to the known issue affecting the switch inside the headphone jack not fully releasing so sounds don't always work. If you read up on a piece of software and more than one or two people use it with no problems and have used it for some time with no problems (or at least no severe problems) then it is a pretty good assumption that you will have the same performance UNLESS you have other mitigating circumstances such as a defective headset or other odd issues (not saying you do, just giving an example).
Griffinaz I was going to mention that it could be the jack issue like you stated. This has been discussed in the forums, and the common fix is to plug and unplug your headphones several times.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I guess I should I have added a disclaimer. None of these sources are well trusted. Don't blindly trust any of them as one could very well mess up your phone. Also do research first, or be ready for a restore. Sorry, this is just the nature of third party apps.

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
thanks for the link i would also agree with what that guy said about iradio i had installed that and my iPhone had became seriously buggy i had to uninstall it and it has been great since then

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Just so everyone knows, your "Refreshing Sources" wait time will be significantly longer if you do this. Mine used to take maybe 10 seconds and now it takes about a minute. I still think it's worth it though.

smokepsp32

Bronze
Dec 2, 2007
Is there any other sources I can goto rather than this one?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Is there any other sources I can goto rather than this one?
There's always more sources that haven't been revealed by the parties who created them, but they haven't been made public. The ones approved by modmyiPhone.com are the ones that are added when you add the source from the OP.