Add Facebook sharing to Mountain Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X' started by owieh, Jul 31, 2012.

1. owieh

owieh Contributor
    Bronze

I am sure you guys are well aware by now that Facebook sharing did not ship with the final version of Mountain Lion. Deciding to launch it with iOS 6 this fall ensures it coincides with the hype the event will generate. Remember, Facebook sharing will be one of iOS 6's main feature.

So, being the adventurous lot that you are here's a, hopefully, full proof guide to enabling it on your new OS.

You will need to get hold of this os_x_facebook_developer_preview.dmg

As I'm sure it is not ideal to post a link to the file, I'll let you trawl the Internet for it.

1. Download os_x_facebook_developer_preview.dmg
    2. Mount the .dmg file and open OS X Facebook Developer Preview.pkg screenshot20120731at231.png
    3. You will hen be presented with the installer screen. Continue and Authorise it when asked. screenshot20120731at231-1.png
    4. After the installation has finished, open System Preferences > Mail, Contacts & Calendars screenshot20120731at232.png
    5. Then choose Facebook from the list and enter your credentials. Voila! screenshot20120731at232-1.png
    You will now have Facebook sharing, it will now be available from Notification Center and other supported apps.

screenshot20120731at232-2.png

This works, for now. You're welcome ;)

#1 owieh, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2013
  2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Thank you!

Do I have your permission to provide a link to this post to friends?

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

3. owieh

owieh Contributor
    Bronze