Adding 2nd iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

darwin-t

Jun 17, 2010
I have an iPhone through AT&T now. I am thinking about buying a 5 and giving my 4 to my girlfriend. This would mean I'd add a new line for her (she uses a different carrier now - Virgin).

What would be the cheapest way to do this? Could I just add the line, buy her a cheap phone and put it's sim card in my old iPhone? We aren't really interested in using data on it - we use wifi all the time any way.

I have unlimited data on mine but use very little of it.

Also, could I sync both phones to the same iTunes account?

Thanks.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
I would add the line and use the new contract to get the 5 with the new line and then have them move the number from the 4 to 5 and 5 to 4. I would just get the cheapest data plan which I believe is 300mg for 20 bucks. You will have to get a data plan cause once they see there is a smart phone using the line they will give you the 3gb plan anyway.

rgomez

Bronze
Aug 5, 2010
Just add a line to your account. KEEP your unlimited data. For your gf, just go with whatever data plan your comfortable with. As for voice and text, I have family talk 700 min + unlimited texts (which includes free voice calls to all cell carriers for $30). All shared. You're prob asking why have those 700 min? That's the cheapest plan they have in order to qualify for that $30 text package. Besides, the 700 min should cover any call I get from landline phones.
My bill comes out to $155/mo (w my AT&T dsl included).