Adding A Movie or TV Show To iTunes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Can someone take me through the steps to add a movie or TV show to iTunes that I can later sync to my iPhone ? I have a PC with XP, and have had no problems adding music and photos to iTunes and then syncing them to my iPhone, but when I go to add a folder or file or importing something it seems as though iTunes ignores it. Probably something stupid, but I'll admit I'm not the most computer savvy person by any means. Thanks in advance for any help I might get. Cheers !

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Two ways: buy via iTunes or convert and sync

1.) through iTunes go to the iTunes store and pick and choose the TV shows and Movies you want to buy and watch.

2.) if you already have the video files on you harddrive or own the DVD then you just need to convert them to a format iPhone supports and put them in a folder that will sync in the "movies" section regardless if it's a TV show. you'll need software like 3GP, or videoara converter. Search some up on Google and try them out. The preferred codec is the H.264.

Aug 17, 2007
I am having the same problem and I am on a mac. I try to drag a movie file over to iTunes and it just ignores it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dallas Phil

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
In iTunes, at the top menu select File, then add file to library. Find the location of your movie and iTunes should find it if it is the MP4 format. I bought some software that is called Cucusoft iPhone Video Converter http://www.cucusoft.com/download.asp that works great. I can convert basically anything to a MP4 format and then use the method I mentioned earlier to add the movie or video to my iPhone. If you travel at all on the plane, watching movies on your iPhone is awesome. Hope that helps.

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Thanks to adseguy and Dallas Phil for the quick reply. So in order to add the folder or file to iTunes, I need some kind of converter, huh ? Are these converters free and fairly easy to setup ? Thanks again. Cheers !

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
This software is freely available on the Internet and is not illegal. Search a little on google and you should find it since this is a popular item.