Adding a movie to my iPad not as SIMple as adding to a Samsung Note.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

runningbear30

Bronze
Dec 11, 2012
Trying to add a video I took to my I Pad just seems impossible it's to large when converted to a MP4 as used on I Pads, so I can't e-mail to my I Pad as it's to large. But I can just add it to the memory card in my Samsung Note, and it's converted and ready to view in 15 minuets. There is no way of connecting my I Pad to a computer and moving the file to it. what am I missing?

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Trying to add a video I took to my I Pad just seems impossible it's to large when converted to a MP4 as used on I Pads, so I can't e-mail to my I Pad as it's to large. But I can just add it to the memory card in my Samsung Note, and it's converted and ready to view in 15 minuets. There is no way of connecting my I Pad to a computer and moving the file to it. what am I missing?
You have to use iTunes to transfer anything from your computer to the iPad.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
If it is an mp4 you've ripped or created, you'll have to import it into your iTunes video library and sync the video library with your iPad.

Another route I've recently tried is to upload the video to Dropbox, then export it wirelessly to your iPad. It will end up in your photo/video album, and not your iPad iTunes library.

There are also apps such as Goodplayer which will also allow you to wirelessly transfer videos from your computer to your iPad without synchronizing. This is is preferable if you have been using iCloud backup and don't want everything erased by syncing libraries.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You can use an app like DropBox if you don't want to use iTunes. They have file size limitations, so it won't work with full-length movies, but it will likely work great for the video you took, assuming it isn't an hour long.

runningbear30

Bronze
Dec 11, 2012
I used I Tunes and did get my I Pad MP4 Type video to sync to my I Pad. I would like to sync the full HD of this video it's 8.7GB but it will not sync. Is this some type of limit the I Pad has on size, or will it just play the I Pad MP4 files?

runningbear30

Bronze
Dec 11, 2012
You can use an app like DropBox if you don't want to use iTunes. They have file size limitations, so it won't work with full-length movies, but it will likely work great for the video you took, assuming it isn't an hour long.
I tried putting my video in dropbox but it would not give the green check. Thinking the 8.7GB is to large. You are correct my file is larger then dropbox will allow.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I tried putting my video in dropbox but it would not give the green check. Thinking the 8.7GB is to large. You are correct my file is larger then dropbox will allow.
That must be a really long video. If it's a movie, it shouldn't be more than about 2 GB. But yeah, that's way too big for DropBox. I think the limit is around 300 MB. I'd just sync it with iTunes or use Good Player.

runningbear30

Bronze
Dec 11, 2012
That must be a really long video. If it's a movie, it shouldn't be more than about 2 GB. But yeah, that's way too big for DropBox. I think the limit is around 300 MB. I'd just sync it with iTunes or use Good Player.
Yes it is a long video I let my video camcorder run for around an hour making a video, using a Sony 560 it made a HD video. I resized it using Miro Video Converter from the 8.7GB to 425Mb and it installs fine on my I Pad. I don't really like being forced to always use iTunes, but thats Apple's way of controling us I Pad owners. I sure like just putting my video file on the micro memory card in my Samsung Note, but still must reduce the file size as with the I Pad. Thanks to everyone for their help with my problem.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The DropBox option is a good alternative, but it has a 300 MB file-size limit, unfortunately.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Yes it is a long video I let my video camcorder run for around an hour making a video, using a Sony 560 it made a HD video. I resized it using Miro Video Converter from the 8.7GB to 425Mb and it installs fine on my I Pad. I don't really like being forced to always use iTunes, but thats Apple's way of controling us I Pad owners. I sure like just putting my video file on the micro memory card in my Samsung Note, but still must reduce the file size as with the I Pad. Thanks to everyone for their help with my problem.
Search Amazon for a card reader...
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...vptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_12r3e8gyyg_b

runningbear30

Bronze
Dec 11, 2012

lemoon

Bronze
Oct 28, 2010
That's is to say your video are too large to put into the iPad?
Have you try to change the resolution when convert the video to iPad MP4 video, that may reduce the size of the video...