Adding a phone number while on a call?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I cannot figure out how to do this. I can access my contact list while on a call but as far as inputting a new number and saving it, I don't think it's possible. Even my phone from over 3 years ago could do this...

JMSinTX

Jul 1, 2007
Unfortunately

There does not appear to be a way to directly do this, I pull up Notes and put the number there to add after the call has ended.

emx620

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
So maybe you can't save the contact, but could you enter the number onto a note and then manually add it to your contacts after? Somewhat crude, but it works I believe.

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
So maybe you can't save the contact, but could you enter the number onto a note and then manually add it to your contacts after? Somewhat crude, but it works I believe.
Man, we have GOT to get cut and paste capability from Apple in an update soon! This is ridiculous...

bcaslis

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Oregon
Do you mean you want to add the number you called to an existing contact or a new contact? If so go to the recents select the blue button on the call and scroll down to see choices.

If that's not what you meant, then what did you mean? I don't get it.

robtob

Jul 17, 2007
I found a way to add a contact while on a call.

During a phone call at the default on-a-call screen, tap the plus sign "add call." You will now see your "Contacts" list, tap the "keypad" tab at the bottom right of the screen, dial the number, then press "add contact."

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I found a way to add a contact while on a call.

During a phone call at the default on-a-call screen, tap the plus sign "add call." You will now see your "Contacts" list, tap the "keypad" tab at the bottom right of the screen, dial the number, then press "add contact."
Hey bud, thanks a lot, you totally got it! Was that your first post? Nice one. I really didn't think it was possible.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Do you mean you want to add the number you called to an existing contact or a new contact? If so go to the recents select the blue button on the call and scroll down to see choices.

If that's not what you meant, then what did you mean? I don't get it.
What I mean is you're on the phone and your friend says "Hey, do you want to know Kate's number?" and I say "Yeah! What is it?" and then he starts telling me, I want to be able to put it right in my phone instead of writing it down first and then putting it in after I'm done with my phone call with my friend, you know?

Robtob figured it out a couple posts ago, you just do Add call, then click the keypad icon, put in the number, and add the contact.

robtob

Jul 17, 2007
You're the man! Post more.
Hey what's up, I don't actively post here but I do read the threads, as an iPhone owner I find these forums very useful. I really like this phone it gave me a great excuse to retire my greatest source of frustration in the past two and a half years, the Motorola razr.

As a disorganized person, especially at work, it's a must to be able to save new numbers during a call.

Vertigo77

Mar 15, 2009
Hi Guy,

Maybe anyone of you know how to add the '+' during our phone conversation. Tried pressing the the no 0 twice as well as as holding the 0 button for somtime...still the '+' doesn't appear...canyone can assist me on this?