Adding 'DVD's' to the iPhone

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
www.CloverfieldMovieForum.com
Hey everyone. Say I have a DVD of the TV show 'Friends' and want to add it to my phone.

Possible? If so, could someone be kind enough to explain to me what to do? Will leave 'Thanks'.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
You mean it's not standard to iPhone and I have to 'Jailbrake' my phone?
Handbreak is for your computer it rips the DVD into a format that the iPhone can read. You then drag this into the videos section of iTunes and sync.
don't forget to go under the movies TAB and check off the video you want.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Hey everyone. Say I have a DVD of the TV show 'Friends' and want to add it to my phone.

Possible? If so, could someone be kind enough to explain to me what to do? Will leave 'Thanks'.

Another one is Videora. I use that to put dvds onto my iPhone.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Handbreak is for your computer it rips the DVD into a format that the iPhone can read. You then drag this into the videos section of iTunes and sync.
don't forget to go under the movies TAB and check off the video you want.
Is handbrake as easy to use as videora? I'd like to try it out, so please tell me what you think.;)

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Is handbrake as easy to use as videora? I'd like to try it out, so please tell me what you think.;)
Never used videora, but handbrake is very easy to use.
Heard about it on EIC and is the only app I have tried.
BTW it is free if you didn't know so nothing lost to try it.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
I used handbrake but i did something wrong i guess you couldnt see the picture it was very pixelated and sound was horrid

Is there somewhere that has the settings that i need to do this to use on my iPhone?

Im a nincompoop when it comes to doing anything video on a computer

thanks

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Videora for iPhone is simple as well. It also automatically places the converted DVD into iTunes for your next sync.

jselig

Jan 7, 2008
fast forward?

Videora for iPhone is simple as well. It also automatically places the converted DVD into iTunes for your next sync.
I use wondershare which is great but I can't seem to fast forward. It just goes back to the home screen. Any ideas?

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I used handbrake but i did something wrong i guess you couldnt see the picture it was very pixelated and sound was horrid

Is there somewhere that has the settings that i need to do this to use on my iPhone?

Im a nincompoop when it comes to doing anything video on a computer

thanks
Are you ripping the video with a separate program like DVD Fab HD Decrypter? Some of the newer titles are equipped with some very difficult encryption. Such encryptions result in a ripped file having video and audio out of sync. Once you have a good ripped file on your hard drive, make sure you encode the video for iPod/iPhone and use an adequate video bit rate. If you want to connect your device to a TV, a larger bit rate is preferred to minimize pixelation. You can't prevent pixelation as it is an artifact of the codec used in the encoding.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Are you ripping the video with a separate program like DVD Fab HD Decrypter? Some of the newer titles are equipped with some very difficult encryption. Such encryptions result in a ripped file having video and audio out of sync. Once you have a good ripped file on your hard drive, make sure you encode the video for iPod/iPhone and use an adequate video bit rate. If you want to connect your device to a TV, a larger bit rate is preferred to minimize pixelation. You can't prevent pixelation as it is an artifact of the codec used in the encoding.
DVD Decryptor works GREAT for me.