Adding more ringtone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Akshay20jul, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Akshay20jul

Akshay20jul New Member

How do can i add more ringtone in my iPhone without ereasing the previous ringtones...

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

In iTunes, connect your iPhone and click on the Tones tab. Check the box to sync all tones. You should see your existing list of ringtones and any new ones that you are adding.

3. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

Yeah, you have to manage them through iTunes. I wish Apple would fix it so you can download them directly or receive them as email attachments and save them to your ringtones folder. Apple's system is NOT user friendly.

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I completely agree with you. There are some great ringtone apps, but they all require the same legwork to get them back on the iPhone in a usable form. Makes absolutely no sense.

#4 chris, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  5. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

I figured this convoluted process was just an oversight on a new version of the operating system. I had hoped it would have been fixed by now, but apparently this is the way Apple wants us to do it. I don't see any benefit of having to do it this way. If it was a security issue I could *maybe* understand it. But I just can't get there from here on the security angle. If there is another explanation I'd love to hear it.