adding movies on iPhone not bought on iTunes

Mrsmaris

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
I have the season 5 of niptuck I want to add to my iPhone. It's in the library and everything but it will not go into my movies or tvshows section and will not sync onto my iPhone. Yet it's in my movies section. I don't understand how to get it onto my iPhone. It's in iTunes and converted and everything.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
I have the season 5 of niptuck I want to add to my iPhone. It's in the library and everything but it will not go into my movies or tvshows section and will not sync onto my iPhone. Yet it's in my movies section. I don't understand how to get it onto my iPhone. It's in iTunes and converted and everything.
I had the same problem yesterday with putting hannah montana on for my daughter. What convert program are u using?

Nemss316

Bronze
Jun 17, 2008
St. Louis, MO
I use the Cucusoft DVD to IPOD converter. Its a nice program and you can even pick your bitrate to save space. Just put Blue Harvest on my new iPhone this morning, it looks great!

CSRobe02

Bronze
Jun 27, 2008
Cucusoft and Xilisoft are the best for PC. I have found that the best by a very large margin though is Toast Titanium if you have a mac. It is a CD/DVD burning software, but it flawlessly converts all video types and automatically syncs it to your iTunes. Just one click, wait, and drag into your phone and its there, easy as that.

If you have a Mac and need a new program to put on it, I recommend Toast because it converts, but does much more as well.

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
I have been using DVD Fab Gold with mobile option for awhile now. It is an excellent program that will format the movie specifically to the iPhone. It is spendy at around $50. Works flawlessly on my PC. Does not work for Mac

http://dvdfab.com/

Mrsmaris

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
I didn't want to pay for a converter and found a free one. Is that why it didn't work? I mean the episodes are sitting in iTunes converted to iPhone and I just can't seem to get it to recognize it. How do you put it on? Mine is sitting in the movies section and I tried dragging onto my iPhone and it just wouldn't let me

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
I didn't want to pay for a converter and found a free one. Is that why it didn't work? I mean the episodes are sitting in iTunes converted to iPhone and I just can't seem to get it to recognize it. How do you put it on? Mine is sitting in the movies section and I tried dragging onto my iPhone and it just wouldn't let me
there's a lot of free decent ones out there but u never mentioned which one you are using.

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
Convert it on Handbrake and it should be fairly simple.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
this may be a silly question but can i take a home movie i have and convert it to be put on an iPhone?

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
Maybe. Depends on if you can put it onto a DVD, and possibly rip it off of the DVD itself using Handbrake, the best video converter out there... and its free!
And no, its not a silly question at all. I'd try putting it onto a DVD and then ripping it off the DVD using Handbrake. Hope this helps.

Mrsmaris

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
linkage for handbrake?
I forgot the name of the converter. I'm on the phone and I'm on. 5 hour trip that I wanted to watch the season on. I'll have to look at my computer later. And yes I clicked on the video tab and it didn't even show the files to sync to iPhone. It was only in my library but wouldn't sync to iPhone

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
linkage for handbrake?
I forgot the name of the converter. I'm on the phone and I'm on. 5 hour trip that I wanted to watch the season on. I'll have to look at my computer later. And yes I clicked on the video tab and it didn't even show the files to sync to iPhone. It was only in my library but wouldn't sync to iPhone
goggle handbrake and it'll pop up

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Did you click on the video tab and select which videos you want to sync?
If the files are in iTunes they are in the right format. Do what jarofclay has suggested. Open iTunes, plug in your phone and go to the Movies tab once iTunes recognizes your phone. Your movies will be listed there. All you have to do is check the ones you want then click Sync.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
If the files are in iTunes they are in the right format. Do what jarofclay has suggested. Open iTunes, plug in your phone and go to the Movies tab once iTunes recognizes your phone. Your movies will be listed there. All you have to do is check the ones you want then click Sync.
that's not true milehigh. I've had movies formatted that showed up on iTunes but wouldn't sync over. For both iPhone and iPod.