adding multiple songs?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 24, 2007
is there a way to add multiple songs to iTunes without having to play each file?

Lets say i download a discography and want to add the 5 or 10 albums. Right now i have it set to copy fikes to my iTunes music folder and i have to go into each album select all files, right click and play. Thus is pretty time consuming abd i just kniw there has to be a better way.

Aug 30, 2007
Ohio
is there a way to add multiple songs to iTunes without having to play each file?

Lets say i download a discography and want to add the 5 or 10 albums. Right now i have it set to copy fikes to my iTunes music folder and i have to go into each album select all files, right click and play. Thus is pretty time consuming abd i just kniw there has to be a better way.
Start up iTunes and simply select and drag all the song files from your desktop or folder to the iTunes 'Library' view. Or if you're using a Mac, you can just drag the files to the iTunes dock icon.
If you don't want them to play as you're importing, uncheck 'Play songs while importing' in the 'Advanced' 'Importing' tab of the Preferences.

Jul 24, 2007
does this also copy the files to the music folder? If so i could have saved myself hours! Can it be copied folders at a time or do i have to select the mp3 files

Aug 30, 2007
Ohio
does this also copy the files to the music folder? If so i could have saved myself hours! Can it be copied folders at a time or do i have to select the mp3 files
Yes, as long as you have the 'copy files' option set in preferences, the files will be copied into the iTunes structure. (I suggest you set the option to allow iTunes to organize your folders).
And yes, you can drag folders in.

Please, be happy!