Adding pictures? HELP ME....

sportychick

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
Georgia
Ok so I did a search and I couldn't come up with anything but maybe I don't know the right terms on this to search by.

I am trying to add pictures to my iPhone from my documents via iTunes so that I can set a picture to my contacts. I can only get it to upload two and the others in the folder I created is not working... Can someone help me?

Again I apogolgize if this is in a thread - I could not find it. :(

Thanks,
Traci

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
Ok so I did a search and I couldn't come up with anything but maybe I don't know the right terms on this to search by.

I am trying to add pictures to my iPhone from my documents via iTunes so that I can set a picture to my contacts. I can only get it to upload two and the others in the folder I created is not working... Can someone help me?

Again I apogolgize if this is in a thread - I could not find it. :(

Thanks,
Traci
so, you're syncing them over via iTunes, right? and you have the folder containing the images you want selected, correct?

hmmm. are you sure it's not resizing them and it's just taking awhile?

sportychick

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
Georgia
Well I don't know... I waited and waited and it did not say sync in progress. It put two over there but not the others...

When I am in iTunes and click on photos - it says I can upload all 600 from my computer or select a folder, I click on the folder I want to select and it says ONLY TWO pictures are there - and that is the two it put on my phone. So I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

Is there a better way to add certain pics to my phone then what I am doing?

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
Well I don't know... I waited and waited and it did not say sync in progress. It put two over there but not the others...

When I am in iTunes and click on photos - it says I can upload all 600 from my computer or select a folder, I click on the folder I want to select and it says ONLY TWO pictures are there - and that is the two it put on my phone. So I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

Is there a better way to add certain pics to my phone then what I am doing?
this sounds correct. in iTunes, in the photos tab, do you have "sync photos from" checked? and you have the radio button "Selected folder" checked? are you sure there's not only two pictures IN the folder you're trying to sync?

have you tried syncing again?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I have no experience with PCs, so I'm just throwing this out.

Make sure you have the right folder selected in the Photos tab in iTunes. Also check what extension the photos have. (Those would be .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .tiff, etc.). Photos should sync despite their extension, but try to change the extension to .jpg or .jpeg and see if that helps.

- John

sportychick

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
Georgia
I have a total of 6 pictures in the folder - all have .jpg and it still is not showing up. Am I just blonde here?

Yes I do have it where I am choosing the ones to sync so that I don't get 600 pics on my phone! LOL

Maybe I should start over! LOL

callisto9

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
IOWA
I have a total of 6 pictures in the folder - all have .jpg and it still is not showing up. Am I just blonde here?

Yes I do have it where I am choosing the ones to sync so that I don't get 600 pics on my phone! LOL

Maybe I should start over! LOL
hmmm. not sure. i would try checking and unchecking the "sync photos from" and re-select your folder again. maybe get out of iTunes entirely and like you said, start over.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
On iTunes there should be folders for you to select to upload your pictures. What I would do is add those picture to that folder that is shown on iTunes. I had a similar problem once before.. Then next time someone I remember making a folder saying iPhone pics and it somehow worked. Im not near my computer so its kind of hard to explain without looking at my iTunes account but try this and let me know.