adding pictures not with iTunes

shimrob

Nov 27, 2008
Kibbutz
Can I add pictures without using iTunes? I tried to ussing ssh,but I thing that I was not able to see the file because I did not have a THM file that goes with the jpg file. Does anyone know how to make a THM file so that I can try adding it also.
Thank you

Shim

smittylube

Bronze
Feb 19, 2008
Silicon Valley
If you just want to be able to see the pics you can put it in your picture file or choose a file to sync with in Itune and it shows up in your phone. That is how I put in the wp files I find here & there.

failsafe

Bronze
Oct 17, 2008
San Diego
I've just been emailing them to myself then checking email through the phone and saving them.

shimrob

Nov 27, 2008
Kibbutz
thank you

if you are jailbroken you can add them with the iPhone pc suite
what is the iPhone pc suite?
The problem with adding pictures is that they need a file with the extension of "thm"
I tried making a thumnail sized picture and changing the extension name from jpg to thm, but it still did not show up in my iPhone.
I thank you for your help
S.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
You can't add them via SSH because iTunes converts them into files that only the iPhone's photo database can read, and can't be created on a computer. This is iPhone PC Suite.

shimrob

Nov 27, 2008
Kibbutz
pcsuite works

the iPhone pcsuite transferred the pictures well.
I could not sync my contacts or songs. does anyone know why?
I updated it to ver. 2.3.0.85

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
it has some bugs, the software is really great but to bad it`s in chinese and you have to guess a lot of things you do in there