Adjusting length of lighting time, keyboard choice?

Discussion in 'iPad mini with retina display' started by DonnieBoston, Jul 8, 2014.

1. DonnieBoston

DonnieBoston New Member

I need to know how to adjust the length of how long the lighting stays on please? I cannot locate the setting. I have iPad 2.

Also, I need to know which is best for a keyboard when using iPad 2... I already have a separate stand for the iPad. So I believe I would only need the single keyboard, rather than the other one that comes attached and fold up with the iPad which is more expensive.
    Thanks

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Are you referring to how long the iPad stays unlocked? You should find that setting in settings-general-auto-lock.

3. DonnieBoston

DonnieBoston New Member

Thanks, I found it. I was looking under lighting.

4. Ron7624

Ron7624 Member
    Bronze

I use a kind of old, but very good full size Bluetooth Dell keyboard. I bought a used one off of eBay for less than 15 dollars. Any Bluetooth keyboard should do. I prefer full size because it lets me type without looking at the keys.

5. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I agree with @Ron7624 . Any Bluetooth keyboard will due, so you should be able to find one that's great and a good value. If you are open to keyboard cases, keep an eye on NewEgg. I managed to get the Logitech UltraThin at a deep discount. It might have been refurbished. It's been a while since I bought it, but I was real happy with it.

6. DonnieBoston

DonnieBoston New Member

Thanks so much for your advice and help. It depends on how much typing I do whether or not I need a keyboard for my iPad. I used windows all my life and I've had this iPad now for over 2 years. Really liking it a lot once you get used of it. Thinking of getting a Mac soon. I say screw windows?

7. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I told myself once I leave Windows, I'm not coming back. I haven't looked back since. Apple just makes sense.