adjusting spellcheck?

Jan 16, 2008
is there any way to adjust the auto spellcheck in texts/emails? sometimes I send a lot of weird texts bc I use slang and iPhone isn't picking that up. I mean it doesn't even let you type "yo". jeez

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
If it come up a suggestion you don't like just click on it to make it go away. The iPhone will start learning the slang you type.

hpuk

Bronze
Jan 2, 2008
London
i love the fact that it knows what slang i use

Staszek

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
If it come up a suggestion you don't like just click on it to make it go away. The iPhone will start learning the slang you type.
On mine it works the opposite, if you don't click it to x it out it chooses the spell check.

Ie: you write the word "yo" a bubble pops up with the word "you" if you just hit space after "yo" to type the next word "yo" is replaced with "you".

I wish it worked the way you stated that if you don't click on the suggestion it doesn't type it.

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
On mine it works the opposite, if you don't click it to x it out it chooses the spell check.

Ie: you write the word "yo" a bubble pops up with the word "you" if you just hit space after "yo" to type the next word "yo" is replaced with "you".

I wish it worked the way you stated that if you don't click on the suggestion it doesn't type it.
Correct if you hit the space bar it will replace the word with suggested. Click on the actual word (you (x)) <-- looks like that, it will close out the suggestion and accept what you typed.

Watch this movie it explains it. http://www.apple.com/iphone/gettingstarted/keyboard.html