Adobe throws in the towel

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I don't think I've ever seen IP5 insult anyone, and quite frankly I don't think it's in his nature.
Thank you.

I think I remember a heated exchange either with HondaMaker or JW before they applied their ignore filter on me. I don't think it reduced to anything as rude as base name calling, though :)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I mean, if you cut down a little bit on the Android talk I would certainly appreciate you more, but that's just me, nobody cares what I think.

Reactions: RoofMonkey

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
You can insult someone and still be polite.. Maybe I am missing something but almost every post he / she makes is a put down of someone..

Anywho, moving along, nothing to see here...

••Sent from my iPhone 4S••

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Thank you.
I think I remember a heated exchange either with HondaMaker or JW before they applied their ignore filter on me. I don't think it reduced to anything as rude as base name calling, though :)
It doesn't have to be blatant name-calling to be antagonizing. Just read your first three posts in this thread... dripping with snarkiness for no reason whatsoever. For some reason you take a lot of topics here personally and that's just a mistake. Try to relax and you won't run into so much attitude.

Now back to your regularly scheduled topic...

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
It doesn't have to be blatant name-calling to be antagonizing. Just read your first three posts in this thread... dripping with snarkiness for no reason whatsoever. For some reason you take a lot of topics here personally and that's just a mistake. Try to relax and you won't run into so much attitude.

Now back to your regularly scheduled topic...
Hmm,

1st post: a closing comment about a time lapse photo app to reinforce that it'll be a while before flash actually ceases to exist. to me it kind of matches the feel of the statement "throws in the towel"

2nd post: guess the details are more of a challenge for you to track - in response to "guess you missed the "mobile" part, huh?" - no more snarky than the post aimed at me

3rd post: the here's a thought part? I actually just thought of it as I was posting. I might even have edited it into the post after the fact. also, my opening thanks to you was genuine as I read your comment to me as a complement.

Let's not forget; knock-out, in your face, good riddance set the tone for the thread before I posted.

---

I do find that threads like this, "Flash is dead", hasty, biased, under analysed and proned to misinformation. I try to draw things back to round out possibly overlooked facts. Of course taking the antagonist position makes me a target and I am caught with a need to reply back in kind while at the same time I understand I'm choosing this position and so must accept such flack. It's a fine line that I try to walk well and before even thinking about pleasing anyone, I ask myself if it's a post I can stand behind.

---

The one thing many of us have in common is that we are all awe struck but the amount of technology we now have in our hands. That makes many of us passionate about these objects. eiC supports or at least tolerates discussion and to me at least, that kind of necessitates a difference of opinion. Take those two factors together, passion and a difference of opinion and what do you get?

I'm trying to play the devil's advocate. Whether I do it well will always be a matter of opinion.

Test-Pilot

Bronze
Jan 20, 2008
Difference is that my initial post was passing on an article that I read. I professed no judgment; just reiterated the gist of said article. Certainly wasn't anything personal or snarky aimed at iP5. Heck, until yesterday, I didn't even know who you were. But then you threw in the "...but if you insist..." crack... I never insisted on persisting that Flash was somehow bad, nor was there any remark about you (again, I didn't even know who you were). You mention replying "back in kind". Is that what you were doing with the "if you insist" crack? So: what "KIND" of crack did I launch your way in my initial post?

After that, yes, I said "I guess you missed the mobile part". Why? Bc you went on about desktops! Then you countered with another snarky quip.

Dude, I don't know you, I don't care what phone/platform you use. I don't even care about iPhones not using Flash. It was just an article that I saw and it pertained to an issue that I knew to be ongoing in the iPhone world. Maybe you took it as that I'm a fanboy expousing the superiority of the iPhone, or implying that Android is somehow inferior. Maybe you even took it as a personal affront. But again, I DIDN'T KNOW YOU. So excuse me if it seems to me that you're a bit too defensive about your love for Android, and that you seem ready to "pounce" on anything and anybody when it comes to that sort of thing.

Those comments: "knockout", "in your face", "good riddance"... none of those were written by me. I actually do try to stay objective about things. And before you suggest that the phrase "throwing in the towel" is biased, let me point out that it's just a way of saying that they (Adobe) have quit on the mobile platform. That's fact; not a judgment, not an insult. And certainly not directed at you.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
just because a company decides stop making or supporting something doesn't mean they are "throwing in the towel" that just means that MAYBE they just want to move on to bigger and better things.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
just because a company decides stop making or supporting something doesn't mean they are "throwing in the towel" that just means that MAYBE they just want to move on to bigger and better things.
like what, flat screen HDTV?

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
[quote="psylichon, post: 886917"But a platform without mobile support is not a viable platform these days, no matter the installed desktop base. Why do you want Flash to linger if even Adobe doesn't?[/quote]
i agree with this statement but you also forgot to add. But a platform without flash is not a viable platform these days:)

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
Well, I think that's pretty much been proven not to be true the past few years.
what do you mean. your still missing all kinds of content. it's like having a car without ac or power windows. you don't think your ever gonna need or use it until one day you get a better car. then it's like damm why didn't i have that before. you'll see when html finally comes out and you guys have flash. i'm sure you will be pleased with it.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
what do you mean. your still missing all kinds of content. it's like having a car without ac or power windows. you don't think your ever gonna need or use it until one day you get a better car. then it's like damm why didn't i have that before. you'll see when html finally comes out and you guys have flash. i'm sure you will be pleased with it.
You called iOS unviable. I say that's ridiculous and that's all I have to say on the subject. You guys pushing agendas can continue with the predictability for all I care.