Adobe throws in the towel

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
I thought you were referring to flash.
i was talking about adobe in general and how just because they decided to stop supporting flash doesn't mean they are throwing in the towel. it just means they are moving towards other things. it's called moving forward all companies do it.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
You called iOS unviable. I say that's ridiculous and that's all I have to say on the subject. You guys pushing agendas can continue with the predictability for all I care.
i never said that iOS was unviable. i just said that some folks like to have more options and some don't. their are a lot of people who drive base model cars. it's called personal preference.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Those comments: "knockout", "in your face", "good riddance"... none of those were written by me. I actually do try to stay objective about things. And before you suggest that the phrase "throwing in the towel" is biased, let me point out that it's just a way of saying that they (Adobe) have quit on the mobile platform. That's fact; not a judgment, not an insult. And certainly not directed at you.
You're right. I'm trying to reread things from your perspective and you're right. Sorry.

I probably could have saved myself at least a little flack by saying "if you guys insist...".

My first post was to the title, thread and the collective "you" vs the personal "you".

I would have quoted you if my intent was the later, but yes, from your vantage as the OP, it was personal.

Lastly, I was in a "discussion" on this topic in the "Adobe flash support" thread and so may have carried some baggage though I don't recall the timing between the two threads.

Anyway, context, not excuses. I escalated as far as you are concerned. I'm sorry.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i never said that iOS was unviable. i just said that some folks like to have more options and some don't. their are a lot of people who drive base model cars. it's called personal preference.
You said, "any platform without flash is unviable.". iOS is without flash, thereforee the implication clearly was that iOS is unviable. You can't backpedal out of that one.

Reactions: InyigoMontoya

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
i was talking about adobe in general and how just because they decided to stop supporting flash
Quoting you but talking to the crowd.

They said they are stopping new releases of the MOBILE flash client. Desktop flash and security/patches to mobile flash 11.x will continue.

I suspect that the lines between mobile and desktop will be very blurred by the time they release 12.

Qualcomm recently had an article about quad core SoCs being desktop grade. Something like that.

Is this going to be my 5th iPhone5 thingy, with friendly chocolate sprinkles on top, OK.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
i was talking about adobe in general and how just because they decided to stop supporting flash doesn't mean they are throwing in the towel. it just means they are moving towards other things. it's called moving forward all companies do it.
Dude, i got that.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I don't know what the problem is, wasn't FarmVille released on the app store? I got no more use for flash.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
well,well,well. look who's back from the dead.
Lol. The retraction would be on a release of 12.x for Android. Who knows, with Intel coming onboard a port over of the desktop version might not be that difficult.

Sent from my mobilephone using Tapatalk

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
if that's the case then it looks like flash still has a ways to go before it takes the dirt nap. so were at 11.1 now that means they still got to go through 11.1.1,11.1.2,11.1.3 etc... now that can take awhile:)