Advice about my iPhone flaws

kjack05

Bronze
Oct 28, 2008
Texas
I got an iPhone 3g a couple days after they came out, it was fine when I got it, but I did notice at night that I had the screen leak on the left side, I wasn't to worried about it becasue with the case on it wasn't noticeable so I let it go, well a couple weeks later I noticed stuff on my screen adn went to wipe it off and then realized it was under the screen, somehow It had dust under it, im not real picky so I let it go. Well I took my case off for the first time in a while the other night and noticed I have 2 hairline cracks in the casing. one is down by where the charger plugs in and the other is on the back left of the phone. I noticed this and was disgusted. I have never once dropped my phone or abused it and I am always really careful with it. I want to exchange it but the nearest Apple store is like an hour away from me and I don't have the time to go there within businesss hours. What should I do about this, they should replace it right? has anyone used the advanced replasement service they ofer? imthinking about using it. What should i tell them when I call my Apple to ensure that I will be eligible for a replacement?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
The problems you are having are nothing new unfortunately. Many members here have had the same problems. Apple will replace the phone no questions asked. They are aware of both defects.

kjack05

Bronze
Oct 28, 2008
Texas
The problems you are having are nothing new unfortunately. Many members here have had the same problems. Apple will replace the phone no questions asked. They are aware of both defects.

I knew it was nothing new thats why it sucked so muc hwhen it happened to mine,

So when I call for the ARS. should I jsut tell them the dust issue or the hairline cracks? I don't want them to give me any bs that I don't care of my phone which im afriad of them trying to say.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I knew it was nothing new thats why it sucked so muc hwhen it happened to mine,

So when I call for the ARS. should I jsut tell them the dust issue or the hairline cracks? I don't want them to give me any bs that I don't care of my phone which im afriad of them trying to say.
If it were me, I would make them aware of both. They are well aware of both and will certainly see both when they get the phone. Apple can tell abuse when they see it. You shouldn't be concerned about that, just tell it like it is.

kjack05

Bronze
Oct 28, 2008
Texas
Ok that sounds like a plan, I just didn't want to get turned away, but if you are certain those are terms for a exchange thats what I will tell them

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I will break my phone from inside and go replace it then. Lol just kidding. But if that really happens to me, then I'll have to live with it because I bought it from the States and I live in Egypt.