Advice on selling my V1 4GB

jimmyrules712

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
I want to sell my 4GB V1 and I'm trying to decide the best course of action to take.

I'm trying to decide what condition I should sell it in, unlocked or locked and with firmware 1.1.4 or firmware 2.0. I've seen the 4GB V1's selling on ebay for anywhere from $200 to $400, both locked and unlocked.

It has the 2.0 firmware on it currently..but I've found guides detailing ow to downgrade that back to 1.1.4

To unlock it I'd either have to downgrade it or wait until firmware 2.0 unlock is released.

I haven't unlocked a hpone before though, and if it isn't going to catch me THAT much extra money I'd rather not trouble with it.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't mind bypassing ebay either, so if anyone knows someone who wants a 4GB V1 let me know!

dodgeboy23

Bronze
Feb 13, 2008
Chicago
If i were you i'd wait till later this week when the unlock and jailbreak software is released by the dev team. I'm pretty sure that the people who'll buy it will want the latest software on it as well as it being unlocked.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I want to sell my 4GB V1 and I'm trying to decide the best course of action to take.

I'm trying to decide what condition I should sell it in, unlocked or locked and with firmware 1.1.4 or firmware 2.0. I've seen the 4GB V1's selling on ebay for anywhere from $200 to $400, both locked and unlocked.

It has the 2.0 firmware on it currently..but I've found guides detailing ow to downgrade that back to 1.1.4

To unlock it I'd either have to downgrade it or wait until firmware 2.0 unlock is released.

I haven't unlocked a hpone before though, and if it isn't going to catch me THAT much extra money I'd rather not trouble with it.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't mind bypassing ebay either, so if anyone knows someone who wants a 4GB V1 let me know!
eBay is not a bad way to sell something. Just require paypal only and you get your money up front.