Advice requested

Discussion in 'iPad mini' started by liberated, Jan 2, 2013.

1. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I have a Nexus 7 which I use regularly and like it. I also have an iPad "3" that I never use, even before getting the Nexus 7. Part of the reason I like the Nexus is the size. I'm ok with the OS but I live in an Apple ecosystem. I'm planning on getting the next gen mini, my question is, should I just get the current model instead of waiting?

Sent using iCafe app

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Depends on whether or not you can live with a non-retina display (current model). I can't - not after having a retina iPhone and iPad 3.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I can live without Retina no problem. People never complained about the screen on the iPhone 3GS, but then the iPhone 4 came out and suddenly they can't live without retina. You'd think using a non-retina device is like sleeping on dirt for some people. I care more about ease of use, weight and size. The mini isn't awkward to hold, use and type on so that's what I use. Honestly, I think retina is much more important on smaller devices (iPhones and iPods) since the screen size and text is smaller. It's just not huge deal to me on a screen that's nearly eight inches.

That being said, I'd like retina, but the lack of it is no where near being a deal-breaker for me. The screen still looks good.

If screen resolution is your number one priority, don't get it. If it isn't, get it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

That's it. Meet me in the alley behind Chick-Fil-A. Bring a sock filled with poop. We'll settle it there..

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Gawd...

If I find a Chick-Fil-A that's open, I'm going inside, dammit, so don't expect to find me in no back alley.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

mmmmmmmm chiken......arghhhh.......