After 2 year contract you get a unlock code?

Optimous

Bronze
Nov 30, 2007
i heard that after your contract is over with AT&T that its theirs policy's to give the unlock code to people....like for example if your contract ends after 2 years you can ask for the unlock code and they have to give it to you. any one know if thats true.

kunfuzious

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Boulder
Most carriers will give an unlock code after 90 days of service, as was the case with Cingular and Tmobs with their Blackberry handsets. I doubt this policy, if it was adopted by AT&T, is applicable to the iPhone.

bvlaar

Feb 17, 2008
hmm

I've heard of that for T-Mobile. Most sidekick users were able to get there unlock code after x amount of days.

Bvlaar

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I have no clue either. I planned to cancel early but this was one of my outstanding questions I did not have an answer to. I did not bother canceling though as Verizon basically said I would need to come to them totally fresh and I don't feel like paying their fees over the cancel fees. I will suck it up!

jpm

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
Does the iPhone ask for an unlock code when you put another carriers SIM in it? (I have never tried). AT&T gave me the unlock code for my razor with out even asking for it. I logged into my account of the AT&T site and it was there.

Aug 28, 2007
Yup, they do give it to you, but they don;t fr the iPhone, only for regular GSM phones like blackberry's, Palm Devices, and other regular AT&T phones.