After 3 years, I'm back to iPhones.

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by Adam1389, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Adam1389

Adam1389 Member
    Silver

3 years ago I switched from my iPhone 3GS to a Motorola Droid, never looked back and upgraded to a Droid Razr Maxx. Until a few months ago it was alright, but I got tired of the constant slow downs with Android, and just recently picked up a 5S. I must say, I feel like I was missing out. This thing is smooth as butter. I loved Android for being flexible, but if you want something that just works and works well, this is the way to go.

Sent using iCafe app

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

That is very awesome that you're back with the iPhone. My very first phone was a Blackberry, but ever since then it was the iPhone and I have loved it ever since. One has a lot of support either online or phone support even if you didn't pay for it. They will allow you to ask your question to see if they can give you a quick answer for free.

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

You made it three years? Usually people come back sooner. I agree with you on iOS being much smoother. The customization of Android is certainly nice, but I find myself doing nothing but tweaking. On iOS, I'm actively using my phone, using apps. On Android, the apps tend to feel like second class citizens to the iOS versions. Twitter in particular, which I use regularly. Nothing comes close to Tweetbot.

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I wouldn't know what I would do without an iPhone. I live with it 24/7 and enjoy all my apps. My mom, however, went to a Galaxy and loves it very much mainly due to the larger screen. However, every now and then she is having issues getting somewhere on the phone. With the iPhone, in my opinion, everything is right there when you need it. No issues.

5. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

I'm past the point where I value flexibility in my OS. I just want something that works and is reliable. I've used every mobile OS out there and I got tired of finding workarounds to make my mobile do what the iPhone does natively. Now my idea of customizing is finding a nice wallpaper.

Sent using iCafe app

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

With the right apps, you can not only find wallpapers, but you can create your own. Android doesn't offer much in the way of photo editing and photoshop apps. They don't have anything like Superimpose or Facetune. Not that I could find in the Play Store on my wife's Android. She'll be getting an iPhone with her next upgrade in March.

Sent using iCafe app

7. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Welcome back to the fold. We all make mistakes in life, but it takes a real man to own up to their errors and make the necessary changes in life to do things right. :D

8. Adam1389

Adam1389 Member
    Silver

It's been a bit of a learning curve coming back, I keep looking for my home and back buttons on the bottom of the screen lol.

Sent using iCafe app

9. sashusmom

sashusmom New Member

HaHa! Adam, like you my last iPhone was a 3gs. Went to Androids, and a window phone, and 3 years later picked up the iPhone 5, and then the 5s dropped within my return period, and I swapped the 5 for the 5s. I have been using it for 3 months, and even though I still have 2 really nice backup phones (the Note, anda Lumia 521), I still have my sim in the iPhone 5s! I personally like all the OS of all the phones I have, but the 5s is a nice combo of size, compactness, and advancement. Really enjoying it.

10. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

Like many others on various forums, I've used quite a few different devices and OS'. But, I will say, Apple got it right, it just works. Albeit, they don't allow the use full control, but clearly I'm beginning to see why, the device just works, hence why mess up a good thing? ;)

11. Adam1389

Adam1389 Member
    Silver

The only thing I find lacking with it is having to leave apps to reply to texts. I used irealsms on my 3GS and loved it. Quick reply has been one of the features people have been wanting since the iPhone first came out. Seems like Apple could toss us that bone.

Sent using iCafe app

12. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

That's the one thing I miss from my time on Android and also my time with a jailbroken iPhone. I'm wondering if it will be in a release sooner or later. I really miss BiteSMS but I'm on 7.1 so no Jailbreak for me.

13. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Maybe this soon:

14. Adam1389

Adam1389 Member
    Silver

Interesting concept. I don't know if I'm used to the center screen popup but I'm not sure I really like that much. I guess beggars can't be choosers though right? I'd take anything at this point. It seems like if jailbreak developers have had this pegged down for at least 3+ years, Apple would have no problem tossing it in.

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Center screen popup with what? You have the option for banners in BiteSMS.

16. Adam1389

Adam1389 Member
    Silver

I used irealsms on my 3GS, and Handcent and GoSMS on my Droid. They all had the center screen pop ups. Like I said though, I've been off iOS for a while so I'm still trying to catch up with what I've missed.