After a 13 hour WAIT...Now THIS? THX AT&T!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
What the frick? This is very frustrating. I know there are a lot of people activating but common...this just shows that Apple did their part and AT&T dropped the ball. i'm sure Apple is PO'd at them for not beefing up their activation servers. When you're a stellar company like Apple and you take on a partner....this is what happens, now Apple will get the blame because most people don't understand how this stuff works.

Ok, I feel better now. But my phone is STILL not activated.

Suppy7

Jun 29, 2007
just to be clear did you select a plan yet?

or are you just at the point when the phone says "Waiting for AT&T Activation - This May Take Some Time"

ahactor

Bronze
Apr 4, 2007
Hickland, OH
I'm getting really tired of people complaining about "big bad AT&T". Cingular, the new AT&T, has always been a great company. Excuse me, but why would AT&T NEED big servers?!? Usually it is all just in stores. You don't usually activate phones online like this. I'm sure if 3 million people tried to buy something on Apple.com all at once those servers wouldn't work too well either. Honestly, just show some patience. We have waited 5 months for this product, another day won't hurt at all.

jwolthuis

Jun 29, 2007
Ditto I would kill a PIG to be in your shoes
Please... take this 5 oz brick off my hands. AT&T screwed up big time with their overwhelmed activation servers.

I'm so glad I spent the entire day waiting in the hot sun, dropping 2 x $600, only to sit here, staring at two worthless unactivated coasters.

elbodude

Jun 29, 2007
Please... take this 5 oz brick off my hands. AT&T screwed up big time with their overwhelmed activation servers.

I'm so glad I spent the entire day waiting in the hot sun, dropping 2 x $600, only to sit here, staring at two worthless unactivated coasters.

Me thinks you don't have the phone.

prolix21

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
same boat here. sitting here waiting for it to get activated. email is telling me 24 hours? i can't even play with teh phone on wifi, its still stuck on its 'activeate iPhone' screen.

sigh. oh well

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
I'm getting really tired of people complaining about "big bad AT&T". Cingular, the new AT&T, has always been a great company. Excuse me, but why would AT&T NEED big servers?!? Usually it is all just in stores. You don't usually activate phones online like this. I'm sure if 3 million people tried to buy something on Apple.com all at once those servers wouldn't work too well either. Honestly, just show some patience. We have waited 5 months for this product, another day won't hurt at all.
You said it...except we've waited 6 mths..apple got their products to market, they did their part. AT&T knew it was going to be crazy so they should have prepared...they had more than 6 mths just like Apple did....Yes, they do activate in the stores but they have central & regional servers, it's not a magic box under the store counter.

My point is, they had to know, they should have prepared their system. and btw, I've been a VERY satisfied Cingular/ATT Customer for years.

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
More than anything, I rely on my cell phone for my businesss and right now, I'm cut-off. When I activated the iPhone, it de-activated my black-berry, so I'm flyin' blind.

ash

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Oklahoma
I live in OKC also and the AT&T store I went to (in Crossroads Mall) had only 40 phones. Luckily I was #30 in a line of over 100 people! I wonder why the Crossroads Mall got so few.

But I also activated w/in about 2 minutes. It was awesome!