After a month of nail biting.

Aug 28, 2007
we find out that the 2.0 update is going to in JUNE!
and not just june but latee june. last time i heard late was for February and it got delayed.

do you think we will have any updates in between?

Aug 28, 2007
:oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Yeah me 2 but at least I will have time to get other things done... I have been spending too much time on iPhone related stuff...

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Well, the SDK is late since we are in march and you can now get it by joining the development thing that they have. Keep in mind, and I cannot believe I am defending Apple, they said the SDK would be out in February, they did not say apps would be available. The fact that we are going to see them in June really should not have come as a surprise. If the SDK release was June, that would have been.

I am surprised by a few things, really the biggest is the pricing. As long as Apple does not do a 180 there is little reason for people to use the app installer for a jailbroken phone when Apple is not going to force anyone to charge for the software. Really, I see this a good thing. I imagine apps installed via installer will be more of a beta test thing. At least for me, if I developed software for the phone, would be.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Well, the SDK is late since we are in march and you can now get it by joining the development thing that they have. Keep in mind, and I cannot believe I am defending Apple, they said the SDK would be out in February, they did not say apps would be available. The fact that we are going to see them in June really should not have come as a surprise. If the SDK release was June, that would have been.

I am surprised by a few things, really the biggest is the pricing. As long as Apple does not do a 180 there is little reason for people to use the app installer for a jailbroken phone when Apple is not going to force anyone to charge for the software. Really, I see this a good thing. I imagine apps installed via installer will be more of a beta test thing. At least for me, if I developed software for the phone, would be.
I definently plan on restoring my phone and rejailbreaking until june, but when the SDK comes out i may restore for food. If many apps are for free and i can get good games there isn't much of an incentive to jailbreak anymore for sure. I want that native aim and will most definently pay for it.

The only reason i'd keep my phone jailbroken is if none of the apps let you modify how your phone looks, like summerboard.

mango

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
txtshirt.com
While you're waiting...

Visit my site and pick up a shirt or two.

-Mango-
we find out that the 2.0 update is going to in JUNE!
and not just june but latee june. last time i heard late was for February and it got delayed.

do you think we will have any updates in between?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I'm going to be saying this a lot today. Yes, we have to wait until June. Okay, that is a bit dissipating but look at this: we get an app store that works with Wi-Fi and EDGE, and, iPhone Software 2.0 does not require a new phone. Great news in my eyes.

- John

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
I definently plan on restoring my phone and rejailbreaking until june, but when the SDK comes out i may restore for food.
quote]

Only if it's something good, like steak!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
When I hear late June, I think June 27. They said the same thing last year and it ended up be June 29.

Oh well. I'm just thrilled with the Exchange support.

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
When I hear late June, I think June 27. They said the same thing last year and it ended up be June 29.

Oh well. I'm just thrilled with the Exchange support.
from what i understand the exchange support is coming much earlier as well.

Aug 28, 2007
i don't get it, what is exchange support, will it only benefit companies?