After disconnect I cannot get iPhone to connect to my Bluetooth again

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

inletdoc

Jan 11, 2007
I have my bluetooth paired with my car unit and after the initial pairing it works great. But after I disconnect I cannot get my iPhone to connect to my bluetooth device again unless I delete the pairing and start over again. Bluetoothe on the iPhone is turned on and the bluetooth device is on also. Why will they not connect automatically? Other phones I've had in the past would immediately connect when the bluetooth device was turned on and the phone was in range.

Thanks,
CR

Mac Insomniac

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
I have my bluetooth paired with my car unit and after the initial pairing it works great. But after I disconnect I cannot get my iPhone to connect to my bluetooth device again unless I delete the pairing and start over again. Bluetoothe on the iPhone is turned on and the bluetooth device is on also. Why will they not connect automatically? Other phones I've had in the past would immediately connect when the bluetooth device was turned on and the phone was in range.

Thanks,
CR
Bluetooth on the iPhone has very poor reception. You stick it in your pocket its fuzzy, you leave 7ft away from it Fuzzy. I have had other bluetooth devices and they have functioned way more easily and friendly than this bluetooth. Apple whats the deal....you make ipods now lets make a phone that works!

inletdoc

Jan 11, 2007
Bluetooth on the iPhone has very poor reception. You stick it in your pocket its fuzzy, you leave 7ft away from it Fuzzy. I have had other bluetooth devices and they have functioned way more easily and friendly than this bluetooth. Apple whats the deal....you make ipods now lets make a phone that works!

My question is, should it connect automatically when both are on?

Mac Insomniac

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
My question is, should it connect automatically when both are on?
Should but doesn't their is still some manual pairing you have to do if at any time it disconnects. Also when you do connect it , it shows that it is paired with the bluetooth icon glowing blue on the phone but you still have to manually select iPhone headset from the list of three audio choices on the phone to talk.

I don't know what was going on witht that bluetooth piece but it was weird!