after jailbreak on 1.1.1 3rd party apps open then close

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

spampy22

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
ok, I have 3rd party apps like fivedice, ilight, and others on my phone and everytime i open them they try and open then go right back to home screen. I have restored and tried again with no luck. I even restored and rejailbreaked the phone.

Help!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
ok, I have 3rd party apps like fivedice, ilight, and others on my phone and everytime i open them they try and open then go right back to home screen. I have restored and tried again with no luck. I even restored and rejailbreaked the phone.

Help!
It sounds like a permissions issue. How are you installing these apps? If manually you need to set permissions or else the apps cannot execute. When that happens the behavior is exactly like you described above.

--
Mike

spampy22

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
I have no I dea why this worked, but what I just did was go into Summerboard change the hide the last row to NO then install customize from Installer. Once I got Customize on the springboard I tried to open it up, but it just opened then closed like my previous post, I tried again and it open for some reason and now my other apps are opening as well.

Strange!

lido

Oct 23, 2007
Well, I figured I'd try that as well, but I cant find the option in summerboard to "hide last row". Am I missing something?

lido

Oct 23, 2007
didn't work. sigh. I was so excited when I donwloaded all of these apps from the installer, and only some of them will stay open! Help!

junkie

Jul 17, 2007
I am having the same issues. I am assuming it has to do with permissions but am not intelligent enough to figure it all out :)

Any help would be great !

lido

Oct 23, 2007
just an update:
last night I downloaded bsd subsystem (unrelated to this issue) and after that was downloaded, all of my apps worked!
so that's the happy (although mysterious) ending to my tale!