after taking the agent 18 case and powersupport film off

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ipod classic

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
so Apple sent me a replacement phone because my current phone has some problems. So for the mean time I've decided to hold on to my current problematic phone for a week. Just to see what its like without a case and etc. Being that I already have a replacement, its kinda nice to sorta be care free. So I took the agent 18 case and power support film off. And I have to say that the iPhone looked like it was still in mint condition. Except that I found that the agent 18 case scratched the chrome bezzel. Its not bad at all though, but it is there. I was a little disappointed, but I guess I knew what I was in for. So for the past couple of days I've been caseless and filmless and it feels so much better. The touch sensitivity feel more enhanced and spot on, the phone is much lighter, easier to maneuver, easy to hold, easier to type, and just physically attractive. So based on my experience, the case and film really does affect the use of the phone. I really am liking it caseless. I also slip it in and out of my pocket(a pocket devoted entirely to the iPhone), leave It on tables and on the bed etc. And so far , I've noticed that the Apple chrome logo on the back has gotten an unnoticeable scratch, the screen has got a hairline real short scratch(really virtually unnoticeable, unless your extremely anal like me). And thats about it. The agent 18 case was neat and all, but I just hate how it makes a creeking sound(know that sound when you try to squeeze or bend a black berry or a flimsy remote or gadget whatever?yeah, well the agent 18 case easily accomplishes that, it sounds and feels like it could be scratching the phone, but i still think its the best case). Anyways. Thats it. Just wanted to share my life after cases and films. I don't know if I'm going to case the replacement or not. Going case less and filmless really makes the iPhone feel faster and easier to use. it almost feels more sensible.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I've read here and on other boards that the Agent 18 case scratches the chrome bezel. After reading that so many times, it makes me wonder why people claim it to be such a great case.

Great cases, IMO, don't leave scratch marks behind.

so Apple sent me a replacement phone because my current phone has some problems. So for the mean time I've decided to hold on to my current problematic phone for a week. Just to see what its like without a case and etc. Being that I already have a replacement, its kinda nice to sorta be care free. So I took the agent 18 case and power support film off. And I have to say that the iPhone looked like it was still in mint condition. Except that I found that the agent 18 case scratched the chrome bezzel. Its not bad at all though, but it is there. I was a little disappointed, but I guess I knew what I was in for. So for the past couple of days I've been caseless and filmless and it feels so much better. The touch sensitivity feel more enhanced and spot on, the phone is much lighter, easier to maneuver, easy to hold, easier to type, and just physically attractive. So based on my experience, the case and film really does affect the use of the phone. I really am liking it caseless. I also slip it in and out of my pocket(a pocket devoted entirely to the iPhone), leave It on tables and on the bed etc. And so far , I've noticed that the Apple chrome logo on the back has gotten an unnoticeable scratch, the screen has got a hairline real short scratch(really virtually unnoticeable, unless your extremely anal like me). And thats about it. The agent 18 case was neat and all, but I just hate how it makes a creeking sound(know that sound when you try to squeeze or bend a black berry or a flimsy remote or gadget whatever?yeah, well the agent 18 case easily accomplishes that, it sounds and feels like it could be scratching the phone, but i still think its the best case). Anyways. Thats it. Just wanted to share my life after cases and films. I don't know if I'm going to case the replacement or not. Going case less and filmless really makes the iPhone feel faster and easier to use. it almost feels more sensible.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
I've read here and on other boards that the Agent 18 case scratches the chrome bezel. After reading that so many times, it makes me wonder why people claim it to be such a great case.

all i know is that my ageng18 has not left any scratches on the bezel..

and that's a good point but i would rather have a great looking case with tiny/hairlike scratches on the bezel(that can easily be replaced) than dropping it to have a HUGE scratch.

that's just me

Ocala

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Ocala, FL
all i know is that my ageng18 has not left any scratches on the bezel..

and that's a good point but i would rather have a great looking case with tiny/hairlike scratches on the bezel(that can easily be replaced) than dropping it to have a HUGE scratch.

that's just me

My phone is always in a case anyway, so I could care less about a scratched bezel. Scratches from a case, or scratches from no case....it's a conundrum...

jennaftw

Oct 29, 2007
Portland, OR
myspace.com
i'm really anal about my new gadgets and what not. my old phone was in a clear plastic case since the first week i bought it and when it broke and i took it out of the case, it still looked brand new.

i'm so nit picky about things that if i spend that much on a device i want it to stay new. lol.
i just bought my iPhone yesterday and i already can't wait to get it in the case. it might actually make me feel better about it because right now i'm so scared about scratching it or smudging it that it's really uncomfortable to use. so i'm thinking the case and screen protector will make me feel more at ease.

can someone post a link or a picture of this agent 18 case?
i'm curious...
thanks!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i'm really anal about my new gadgets and what not. my old phone was in a clear plastic case since the first week i bought it and when it broke and i took it out of the case, it still looked brand new.

i'm so nit picky about things that if i spend that much on a device i want it to stay new. lol.
i just bought my iPhone yesterday and i already can't wait to get it in the case. it might actually make me feel better about it because right now i'm so scared about scratching it or smudging it that it's really uncomfortable to use. so i'm thinking the case and screen protector will make me feel more at ease.

i'm curious...
thanks!
plenty of pics in my review here.
it also comes in an off-white color (called "natural").

Last edited by a moderator:

Deedubau

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
I can see how the case could scratch the chrome because the thing fits the iPhone so tight, which is good so it doesn't fall off easily. It already scratched the back of my iPhone, but I still love it. I don't use it anymore because I found this horizontal style case (like the dlo hipcase) lying around and it fits amazing. For me, it's nicer to have the iPhone clipped onto my belt instead of filling my pockets.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007

i'm curious...
thanks!
Same here...;)

sl0ppyshat

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007

For those who are nit picky about scratch.... I use bestskinsever.com Full body cover, along with my incase rubber sleeve. Best Skins Ever full body cover, covers most of the chrome brezel and makes the incase rubber sleeve fit extremely snug.

just FYI

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
For those who are nit picky about scratch.... I use bestskinsever.com Full body cover, along with my incase rubber sleeve. Best Skins Ever full body cover, covers most of the chrome brezel and makes the incase rubber sleeve fit extremely snug.

just FYI
I plan on using this...Thanks..;)

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007

I have an Agent 18 case, and have used it for many weeks now. My chrome has no scratches on it whatsoever.

What it DOES do is leave a black line on the back of the phone when you take the case off (which I do, nightly, to dock it in the standard iPhone dock), but this line is easily removed by using a cleaning cloth.

Rumpelgeist

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
I have an Agent 18 case, and have used it for many weeks now. My chrome has no scratches on it whatsoever.

What it DOES do is leave a black line on the back of the phone when you take the case off (which I do, nightly, to dock it in the standard iPhone dock), but this line is easily removed by using a cleaning cloth.

Rumpelgeist
i've noticed this too, and as you said it easily comes off.

the first time i saw it i was a bit put-off but after it came off i was alright again.

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
i've noticed this too, and as you said it easily comes off.

the first time i saw it i was a bit put-off but after it came off i was alright again.
Yeh, I would think that they could redesign the thing to avoid this problem.

There are two very tiny ridges in the middle of the case. I think these ridges are what causes that line. I can't imagine that they couldn't eliminate those ridges or somehow line the case.

Ah, me.

Rumpelgeist