After the reviews...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Zorn

Jun 25, 2007
Columbus, OH
Don't think this is an anti-iphone post, it's not. I've wanted the iPhone ever since the announcement day, and I've been pretty much willing to look past the lack of 3G/GPS etc. beaten to death points. But the new stuff we learned today - camera can't take video, ringtones can't be used AT ALL besides what comes with it, no stereo bluetooth, has really put a damper on my hopes for the phone. I'm still buying one, but I'm a lot less excited. Anyone else feel the same way?

Kyled8888@gmail.com

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
I'm disappointed about the HeadPhone jack and no video, but i'm hoping the latter can be updated via software. I kinda figured I'd get a few letdowns, but I still think the Pros are going to outway the Cons exponentially ;)

Standog

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
I'm disappointed about the HeadPhone jack and no video, but i'm hoping the latter can be updated via software. I kinda figured I'd get a few letdowns, but I still think the Pros are going to outway the Cons exponentially ;)
After reading David Pogue's article, I'm a little less enthused, he really hammered the network portion, though in Minneapolis, there are tons of wireless hot spots. Other than that, a few things like no zoom on the camera and no ability to send pictures through a text is disappointing, though how many times have I done that in the past, hmm less than 10 so it's not a deal breaker for me. Come to think of it, I'm still really excited about the phone and all of the guys at work with dashes, blackjacks and pearls will still be sick when I come into the morning meeting on Monday and lay the iPhone down on my desk.

I can't wait till Monday muhahahahahahaha:cool:

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
I sick of people bitching about no stereo bluetooth. Who the hell uses that anyways? Nobody. And if you do, you are a nerd.

After reading David Pogue's article, I'm a little less enthused, he really hammered the network portion, though in Minneapolis, there are tons of wireless hot spots. Other than that, a few things like no zoom on the camera and no ability to send pictures through a text is disappointing, though how many times have I done that in the past, hmm less than 10 so it's not a deal breaker for me. Come to think of it, I'm still really excited about the phone and all of the guys at work with dashes, blackjacks and pearls will still be sick when I come into the morning meeting on Monday and lay the iPhone down on my desk.

I can't wait till Monday muhahahahahahaha:cool:
What store are you going to get your at? Mall of America Apple Store?

ahactor

Bronze
Apr 4, 2007
Hickland, OH
They said it wouldn't have video. Apple did. Plain and simple. I was never expecting it, I was not bummed out at all about that. I am a little upset about the ring tones. Seriously, the ones that they had on that video les sucked. Oh well, the point of the iPhone isn't supposed to be the "WAY AWESOME RING TONES" now is it? I think it will all be good in the end. =]

Zorn

Jun 25, 2007
Columbus, OH
I sick of people bitching about no stereo bluetooth. Who the hell uses that anyways? Nobody. And if you do, you are a nerd.

Are you kidding? Stereo bluetooth rocks, especially with the new Motorokr S9 headphones, they are small and sound great. I was especially looking forward to an iPod that could be used with them =(

Kyled8888@gmail.com

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
I love the Marimba ringtone :) I changed my OS X alert tone to it, and I tend to press the expose button when no windows are open just to hear it... God I'm lame ;)

Standog

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007

I'm trying to figure out where to go. Definitely not the MOA, that will be a madhouse, I'm sure. Are you in Minneapolis? I was actually thinking Southdale, but that's available by bus, so Ridgedale might be the best location as it is the most remote of the malls in terms of proximity to residential areas, downtown, bus lines, etc.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
I'm trying to figure out where to go. Definitely not the MOA, that will be a madhouse, I'm sure. Are you in Minneapolis? I was actually thinking Southdale, but that's available by bus, so Ridgedale might be the best location as it is the most remote of the malls in terms of proximity to residential areas, downtown, bus lines, etc.

I'm over in West Saint Paul.

I might go to one of these ATT stores. Still haven't decided.

1. AT&T

2132 FORD PKWY
SAINT PAUL, MN 55116
  • Apple iPhone
  • Bill Payments - All
  • Equipment Recycling Program
  • Equipment Upgrade
  • GoPhone Refills
  • Phone Book Transfer
  • Prepaid - Equipment
  • Prepaid - TDMA to GSM Migration
(651) 690-4067 4.26 Miles
2. AT&T

3324 PROMENADE PLACE
EAGAN, MN 55121
  • Apple iPhone
  • Bill Payments - All
  • Equipment Upgrade
  • GoPhone Refills
  • Phone Book Transfer
  • Prepaid - Equipment
(651) 365-0250 4.87 Miles
3. AT&T

7060 VALLEY CREEK PLAZA
WOODBURY, MN 55125
  • Apple iPhone
  • GoPhone Refills
(651) 501-0444 7.25 Miles
4. AT&T

60 E BROADWAY
BLOOMINGTON, MN 55425
  • Apple iPhone
  • GoPhone Refills
(952) 851-9029 7.32 Miles
5. AT&T

2724 LINCOLN DRIVE
ROSEVILLE, MN 55113
  • Apple iPhone
  • GoPhone Refills
(651) 638-9230 8.98 Miles
6. AT&T

9020 HUDSON RD
WOODBURY, MN 55125
  • Apple iPhone
  • GoPhone Refills
(651) 738-3400 9.34 Miles
7. AT&T

733 MARQUETTE AVE S
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55402
  • Apple iPhone
  • GoPhone Refills
(612) 341-3849 9.63 Miles

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Stereo bluetooth means you can play your iTunes through a car stereo that supports it, wirelessly. :cool:

I'm happy to see ringtones go away. Seemed like a silly annoying fad anyways. See my sig. :p

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I'm kinda let down, myself.....
Reviews are saying that the EDGE connection is hella-swow, no video, no songs as ringtones, etc....

Kinda put a damper on the whole thing. I guess I'll be ok, once I get it and can text with it.....I dunno, i'm kinda starting to have 2nd thoughts....
I really like the phone, but what are you really paying for? I mean, the main reason I want it, is for the SMS feature, but jesus....600$ for chat-bubble SMS? I dunno, the EDGE "reality" is starting to bite me, I guess....

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I'm kinda let down, myself.....
Reviews are saying that the EDGE connection is hella-swow, no video, no songs as ringtones, etc....

Kinda put a damper on the whole thing. I guess I'll be ok, once I get it and can text with it.....I dunno, i'm kinda starting to have 2nd thoughts....
I really like the phone, but what are you really paying for? I mean, the main reason I want it, is for the SMS feature, but jesus....600$ for chat-bubble SMS? I dunno, the EDGE "reality" is starting to bite me, I guess....
Just count on WIFI for the majority of your browsing and use EDGE only as a last resort.

radbrent

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
That should not have been a surprise. That has been known for 6 months now that the thing was going to use EDGE. It wasn't magically gonna get any faster.
damn dude you're kind of bitter....

I thought about how it won't have the stereo bluetooth, but I think it'll be fine. I have a satallite radio in my car which uses a headphone input to hook up to the stereo, so I think I'll be fine.. just plug that into the headphone jack..

Also you can get those 88.1 etc wireless FM transmitters

brianhyp

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
i am happy with the reviews email rocks internet rocks screen rocks keyboard rocks. stereo blue tooth who cares ringtones who cares im full on stoaked about my iPhone 100% No complaints ALSO 20 dollar unlimited data plan i think all the good things out way the bad things today. no video who cares.

alan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
iphone.mycustomproduct.com
many of the limitations in the reviews are software issues that can be addressed with software updates. Most of them don't concern me at all - I never expected the day 1 product to have everything implemented. You get enough done to release a product and then release regular software updates that add features. And the iPhone is easy to update just like iPods.

Boyscout47

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
I think that if slow edge data, no video and no ringtones dampens the excitement It hink your missing the point of the phone.

EDGE
Yes slow internet is hard. It is however a PHONE not a computer. Most instances where you should use the internet would be in areas where wifi might be available. Plus all the reviews are comparing wifi and edge. If known that its slower. We live a society that has to have everything yesterday. As long as I can tell what the hell I am looking at and navigate the stupid page I will be happy.

VIDEO
I have never used it. I applaud anyone who puts a stop gap up to prevent more mindless videos from going on line.

RINGTONES
USE VIBRATE! I don't want to hear your stupid ass ring while you take two Frickin hours to find the phone and answer it!

tjpyles

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
I'm surprised that people like stereo bluetooth headsets. I have tried many stereo bluetooth headsets, and to date, they just can't compare to a good pair of Shure (or other nice headphones). I do not consider myself to have an overly critical ear and the difference is obvious, and yes I have tried the latest bluetooth headsets also. They seem to be more of a fashion statement, or a look at me problem, because they just aren't up to snuff.

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
I think that if slow edge data, no video and no ringtones dampens the excitement It hink your missing the point of the phone.

EDGE
Yes slow internet is hard. It is however a PHONE not a computer. Most instances where you should use the internet would be in areas where wifi might be available. Plus all the reviews are comparing wifi and edge. If known that its slower. We live a society that has to have everything yesterday. As long as I can tell what the hell I am looking at and navigate the stupid page I will be happy.

VIDEO
I have never used it. I applaud anyone who puts a stop gap up to prevent more mindless videos from going on line.

RINGTONES
USE VIBRATE! I don't want to hear your stupid ass ring while you take two Frickin hours to find the phone and answer it!
I agree with everything you said. I can't stand song ring tones. Cell videos are absolutely hideous IMO. Theres no way anyone can pack a decent camera/video camera in a phone that thin. Theres no zoom on the camera.. so what? I've yet to see a phone have OPTICAL zoom. Its almost impossible to have optical zoom in a phone so thin. All these cell phones haev digital zoom.. its the same as taking your original pic in Photoshop.. cropping it.. then blowing it up. Even then the quality goes to absolute CRAP. I've never thought of a cell phone camera being a replacement for a digital camera.. the only time it comes in handy are those times you don't have your digital camera on you.