After update, camera problems.

Aug 11, 2007
I just updated my iPhone with the new 1.1.1 update and everything works except for the camera. When I click on the camera it looks like it was going to open (picture of shutter), then the screen goes black and the white Apple icon in the middle. It just sits there. I have to hold both the power button and the select button to get it to go to the unlock screen. It did this 4 times so far. Then I resynced the iPhone again and now when I click on the camera it says "There is not enough room to take additional pictures. Please delete some existing photos. OK", but I have 4.29G of available space and only 58 pictures on the phone. Is any one else having problems with the camera?

UPDATE:
I turned off the phone again and now the camera is working. Go figure.

Aug 11, 2007
Same here. But after a numerous resets, the problem doesn't go away. Can't use the camera anymore...
Was still having problems with the camera. Went into Apple store a few days ago and they looked at it. After trying a restore it still had the problem so they gave me a brand new phone. I would go in and let them see it.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I would suggest doing a restore. First, check to see what iTunes says you have for free space. That message sounds like you have filled the available memory - which was a problem with 1.1.1 jailbreak for some people.