after updating iTunes I can't copy videos!

readbmr

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
hi, can anybody help me? I've got the latest firmware together with iTunes 8 , and since then I'm unable to copy movies to iTunes from p-c! Is there anything I'm doing wrong or is this yet another common issue, also while on the subject I'm getting a new p-c next week and will I lose all my music/videos etc when I install my iPhone as new device? Or do I simply just do a back up to idisc before getting new p-c etc? Any more ways around this would be great, many thanks and hope to get some answers soon to the above.
Brian

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Are your movies ones you ripped or purchased via iTunes? Is your computer still authorized? This would address DRMd content.

The other cause could be that the path for your movies may have changed. iTunes thinks the movies are located in one place, but the actual location is different (drive name changed). It is not iTunes becauce I've updated successfuly on both of and mac platforms.

Are your movies mp4, .mov format? iTunes will not import windows media content. Have your movies been copied to your old version of iTunes?

If you are getting a new pc, iDisk would certainly work. I'd recommend a USB hard drive that you copy your files to. After you set up your new machine, you will need to authorize it via iTunes.

Good luck.

readbmr

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
hi and many thanks, you are a star , and yes it seems I've forgot to change to mp4 , is .mp4 and also yes I will certainly do the back up with idisc and also register my phone with new computer when I get it , also I thought of copying everything from old p-c to new p-c via a USB cable as my new laptop will have 100gb hard drive and don't laugh but the old one only has 20gb in total , well it is my daughters ok using . I just wanted to make sure I don't lose any music/games/videos etc as done that in the past as got confused with settings etc I'm iTunes, think I'm nearly there now and again many thanks for your help.
Brian