agent 18 owners in here. Questions about agent 18

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ipod classic

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
question about agent 18.
does it pop off when dropped?
Does dirt get in it, leading to scratches?
Does it fit snug or is there a little room for the phone to move around a little?
Does tge interior scratch the phone?
thats it. Thanks so much

unknownentry

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Knoxville, TN
www.iphonesurge.com
question about agent 18.
does it pop off when dropped?
Does it fit snug or is there a little room for the phone to move around a little?
Does tge interior scratch the phone?
thats it. Thanks so much
1) I haven't dropped my iPhone (Knock on Wood!) so I don't know about that.
2) No dirt/dust in it. Just make sure you use the screen protector from Apple. (I don't have a screen protector and have no scratches anywhere except the chrome. Agent 18 covers it!
3) Fits very snug! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS CASE!
4) This is the best case, in my opinion, to date. I have tried/reviewed almost ALL the cases out.

MY TOP 3 are:
-Agent 18
-Case-Mate Signature
-Contour Design Showcase

tobey

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
question about agent 18
does it pop off when dropped? I've never dropped mine but I don't think it would. Very snug fit with an interlocking clasp design.
Does dirt get in it, leading to scratches? Dirt could in, and that's probably the case with every case out there, unless you're talking about a skin. My chrome bezel is scratched from the case, not dirt.
Does it fit snug or is there a little room for the phone to move around a little? It's very snug.
Does the interior scratch the phone? Yes, it scratches the chrome bezel.

I've come to the conclusion that the chrome bezel is going scratch, no matter how you treat it. I take very good care of my stuff, to the point that I had my last phone for over two years with not a single scratch. But this chrome bezel is junk, they really should have done something different there, like an anodized aluminum bezel or something a little more durable. My bezel was scratched about a day after I got my phone.

I love the Agent18 case, I give it an 8.5 out of 10.

ChaosAttractor

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Thanks! But, um, so your saying it scratches the Chrome? Does it cover the chrome?
I've had the Agent18 case for about a month now.
It fits tightly to the iPhone; it's very snug, so there is no room for dust to get in, nor room to move the iPhone within the case.

I've have yet to drop it. But I guarantee that a drop will never pop the case off. If you take a look at it in person, you will see why. Whether the case breaks or not is a different story, but I don't see that happening either.

I have taken the case off several times to examine the chrome finish. No scratches anywhere. I also purchased the crystal film found at Apple stores to protect the touchscreen front, which the Agent case does not cover. It's a perfect combination.

As far as I know, there is no hip holster for the case, but this is not an issue for me. The case comes w/ an adapter to fit w/ an universal dock; the case will not fit on the standard iPhone dock.

All in all, I am pleased w/ the Agent18. The other choice for hard cases I would recommend is the case from Seidio.

ChaosAttractor

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Re: chrome scratches,

I read a post somewhere (may have been another forum) about a metal/chrome cleaner found at jewelry stores that will remove any surface scratces with a little burnishing.

ipod classic

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
THE CASE COVERS IT UP SO WHAT'S IT MATTER! CHROME WILL GET SCRATCHED WITH OR WITHOUT A CASE!
thanks for the many wonderful info you guys. I did quite a bit of research on this agent case and have found great great great reviews, but I found one review that said that the back of her phone was scratched because of dirt getting In , so she returned it. And I really like the look of the chrome finish, so i really want to preserve that as much as possible. I think I may have to skip on the agent case though despite the many awesome reviews and wonderful design because it still has the potential of doing things to my phone that I would hate. Right now I'm looking at contours showcase, so far so good, and still researching. I would ask the same questions and still keep my standards as I did with the agent case to any case. So if anyone can maybe help inform me more about contour showcase, that would be just awesome. If all else fails i just may have to stick my phone into a nice safe little pouch or sleeve until I find something that I feel great with. I thought about an invisible shield full body plus marware sportgrip and I still want it, but I thought the Invisible shield may be a waste considering I own an Apple product and we all know the majority of us are going to have to swap our phones out or send it in for repair, and there goes the $24.95 for the invisibleshield. So maybe when I am sure my phone is in perfect working condition, maybe then I will spring out on the marware and invisble shield.

mrjones

Oct 6, 2007
Case is slippery, otherwise great

I have the Agent 18 case (Black) and I really like it a lot. Very sleek looking, tight fitting and protects the phone very well. I haven't noticed any scratching of the chrome part of the phone from taking the case on/off.

My only problem with the case is that it is very slippery, and I'm really concerned about dropping the phone. I've come close to dropping it will while using the phone while walking. It's like holding a bar of wet soap.

jUeLz23

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
i jus bought it.
really hate that it doesn't dock.
that black thing it comes with i don't know what to do with it to use it with the dock.
i guess ill jus have to plug it in.

Bumfudley

Sep 20, 2007
i jus bought it.
really hate that it doesn't dock.
that black thing it comes with i don't know what to do with it to use it with the dock.
i guess ill jus have to plug it in.
The dock adapter is for the Apple universal dock. The iPhone dock that comes with the iPhone is not adjustable. It is, however, nice of agent 18 to include this adapter.

funkeruski

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Everyone who has posted has said the case is very snug. Am I correct in assuming that that case would not fit over a skin, such as bestskinsever?

Teejay

Oct 11, 2007
Everyone who has posted has said the case is very snug. Am I correct in assuming that that case would not fit over a skin, such as bestskinsever?
Well its REALLLLLLLYYY difficult to put on with the full body protector. don't know if I'll remove the back protector or just get another case. I don't want to heat it up to expand because it will be a pain to remove lol

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
does it pop off when dropped? I have not dropped mine yet, but i doubt it would pop off.

I have noticed a few specks of dust work themselves into a crevice or two, but no scratches.

Does it fit snug or is there a little room for the phone to move around a little? It is very snug.

Does the interior scratch the phone?
Mine has not been scratched at all.

here it is in the universal dock. Works very well.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
does it pop off when dropped? I have not dropped mine yet, but i doubt it would pop off.

Does dirt get in it, leading to scratches? I have noticed a few specks of dust work themselves into a crevice or two, but no scratches.

Does it fit snug or is there a little room for the phone to move around a little? It is very snug.

Does the interior scratch the phone? Mine has not been scratched at all.

here it is in the universal dock. Works very well.

That looks great!...:laugh2:

eTEK

Bronze
Oct 7, 2007
i got my agent 18 thingy like less then a week ago, and i am wondering how do i use that little dock thingy given to me? haha i never knew how to use those.

edited:

haha nevermine i didn't look at the post above me. =].