Agent18: Black > Clear

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
So i REALLY dropped my phone for the first time today... from about waist height onto a hard tile floor (it's ok). At the time, i had half of my black Agent18 case on (the bottom), and half of the clear one (the top). When the phone hit the ground, the top part (clear) popped off, while the bottom (black) was snug as ever.

When i first bought the clear a18, i even it back to them for a replacement because it was obviously much looser than the black case i had, and the new one wasn't much better. I eventually settled on the 1/2&1/2 because the bottom black part seemed to help lock-in the looser top, but that obviously didn't work as well as i thought.

when i got home, i immediately replaced the top with the black, and after being without it for so long, i can definitely say the black fits the iPhone much better.

your results may vary... but i doubt it.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i only have the clear... i took it back once then the second one. i had to smash the clips on to make it tight....

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
I gots a black one. Fits perfect. I've dropped it a few times and no phone damage. Just some scrapes on the case.

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
yeah i just bought the black 1 yesterday and i just pushed the pins in too to make it more snug. because it was kind of loose before doing so. i feel safer having them pushed in now.

iPaul

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Minneapolis
yeah i just bought the black 1 yesterday and i just pushed the pins in too to make it more snug. because it was kind of loose before doing so. i feel safer having them pushed in now.
Tip for those yet to purchase the A18: Take a look at all the cases on display on the rack; I did, and noticed that you can tell through the packaging that some will fit slightly tighter together than others. I compared and picked the best one. My Black A18 fits like a glove, I still think it's the best case out there...

amiroo79

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Southern California
Tip for those yet to purchase the A18: Take a look at all the cases on display on the rack; I did, and noticed that you can tell through the packaging that some will fit slightly tighter together than others. I compared and picked the best one. My Black A18 fits like a glove, I still think it's the best case out there...
Do you know which stores sell the A18 cases? I've been without a case since November and have had no drops but I know sooner or later that I will drop my phone. Being with TMobile (jailbroken and unlocked) scares me because I know if anything happens to my phone, I'm screwed because there's no unlock on the new ones. I'm always paranoid about dropping it. Not good.

Let me know please so I grab one soon from the store. Thanks.

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007

Wish i would have know this a day before. But its all good, i just bent the tabs inward and now its snug like a glove. I didn't like how the top part would just "come off" without any effort. I have 3 cases for my phone and this is the best one. Is there a clip for the case, because i noticed that it has 2 cut outs on the bottom?

iPaul

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Minneapolis
Do you know which stores sell the A18 cases? I've been without a case since November and have had no drops but I know sooner or later that I will drop my phone. Being with TMobile (jailbroken and unlocked) scares me because I know if anything happens to my phone, I'm screwed because there's no unlock on the new ones. I'm always paranoid about dropping it. Not good.

Let me know please so I grab one soon from the store. Thanks.
Apple Stores seem to universally carry them now. Another thing about them is that some people get scratches down the case from uneven surfaces or seams inside the case so look at that when you get it, if the seams seem sharp, might want to go over the inside with a fine sandpaper real quick.

But I am very happy with the case overall, pair that with a screen protector film from Apple Store as well and your phone should stay in good shape for a long time!

Last edited by a moderator:

jlhollander

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago, IL
2 cuts on the bottom and a slit on the top. very similat to the clear / video shield for the 5g ipod. I sent them an email a couple of weeks ago asking about maybe a metal holster to snap this into, but i have recived no response. i will send another one tmorrow, and post if i get anything back.