Agent18: Pretty Disappointed (PICS)

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
So I've Had my BRAND NEW iPhone in an Agent18 since probably February. I took the Case off recently and was absolutely disgusted by the way my Phone looked. VERY Scratched and Nasty. Sure it has protected it from some pretty good falls, but man...This Sucks. The Screen Protector I got from the Apple store did its job as my Screen looks Brand new, But not the Chrome.

Here's Some Pics I took (Still Wearing Screen Protector)

Have to Use tape to Keep it Closed...

Last edited by a moderator:

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
More...

So, Eventually i'll be getting this 3G iPhone, and Suggestions on Cases that don't do this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Dude! I'm so sorry for you.
That looks awful!
But this new phone protector from www.zagg.com looks like itll protect the phone very well from scratches and stuff for the front and back.
But I don't think it'll protect it when it falls or something...

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i had the clear one and mine started to get like that, lucky i saw it before it got to bad and got a new one (new one not being a agent 18)

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
OMG man that is some wicked scary sh1t man like hella serious bro!
-I'm never gonna buy an Agent 18 after seeing what that garbage can do to a beautiful iPhone!

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
Yikes!:eek: I would be pissed & contacting the manufacturer to give me some type of credit back & not towards their products either. I bought a clear case made by RocketFish from Best Buy & noticed after only about a month and a half it made like 4 or 5 knicks on the chrome. I immediately removed it and now I'm using a Vaja case. I like the incase slider cases too I like the way it looks but I personally never used one.

ZJH90

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
San Francisco!!!!
Wow...I just ripped mine off when I saw those pictures...What would you guys suggest instead?

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I Emailed Agent18 on My Issue, I'll keep you guys updated

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
They had better replace it, or threaten to post these pics on the net at other forums and blogs;)
-They'll listen then man! Cause your iPhone looks like somebody rubbed it with sandpaper periodically, whats funny is that it looks like you have a screen protector on it:eek: Maybe this would have been one of the those times where having a full body skin would have been useful :rolleyes:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
The A18 doesn't fit over a body skin.

Just out of curiosity to the OP... Did you seriously go 5 months without taking your case off? I'm not blaming you for what happened, but I bet if you took it out once a week and wiped it down carefuly, getting the dust and stuff out, this might not have happened.

Again, not blaming you. I wouldn't use that case if someone paid me to at this point.

ZJH90

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
San Francisco!!!!
The A18 doesn't fit over a body skin.

Just out of curiosity to the OP... Did you seriously go 5 months without taking your case off? I'm not blaming you for what happened, but I bet if you took it out once a week and wiped it down carefuly, getting the dust and stuff out, this might not have happened.

Again, not blaming you. I wouldn't use that case if someone paid me to at this point.
Actually, I clean mine pretty often, and I am just noticing that there are the starting of scratches on my phone.

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
There's a girl at my work who has one of these cases on her phone. She has showed me the scratches on the bottom part of her chrome. After seeing these pics I asked her what the top part of the phone looked like & she said the back of it has some scuff marks on it. After seeing these pics she said she's ordering another type of case.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I took my Agent 18 off a while ago because of this. I'll be getting the invisibleShield; it looks promising.

- John

Optimous

Bronze
Nov 30, 2007
if you have a hard plastic case you should clean it like every other day because pocket lint or any thing that gets under the case will scuff it.

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
if you have a hard plastic case you should clean it like every other day because pocket lint or any thing that gets under the case will scuff it.
Would be nice if details like these were printed in bold letters on their packaging!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
hmm... never had any problems like that with mine. Then again, i never went more than a couple days without taking it off. Although i have noticed that some fit more snugly than others... maybe you got a really loose one.

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
My old Seidio case scratched my chrome bezel too.

I got the Invisible Shield, which works great to protect against scratches, but over time, the corners started to collect dirt and dust and started to peel away from the phone. In the end, I kept the screen protecter part, ditched the backing and got the Incase slider case...which is the sh1t. I've had it on for a month, take it off once a week to clean and there are no scratches whatsover thus far...

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Here's What they said:

Dear Adam,

Thank you for your email. We are sorry to hear your iPhone has scratches. We'd like to learn more about what happened so we can help determine the cause. Please feel free to send more info and/or pictures and we'll have our team review everything.

To date, our engineers have spent time testing the iPhone with the shield on and have not been able to scratch the iPhone. This is because the hardness of the plastic of the shield is less than the iPod. If debris becomes trapped between the iPod and the case there is a possibility that the sand, grit, etc may be the reason for the scratches.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Agent18
Now What?!