Agent18 v. Seidio v. InvisibleSHIELD?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

micohoe

Nov 14, 2007
I just switched over from my Blackberry Curve -- I won't lie, I miss the push e-mail and the voice memos and voice dialing, but other than that, I love my iPhone (esp. being a die hard mac user).

Anyways, I love the current "naked" feel of the phone -- it's just so light and sleek -- but I'm afraid of getting scratches, etc. I've heard the screen doesn't scratch too much, but that other parts of the phone do.

I was wondering, which of the three should I get: Agent18 eco, Seidio hard case rubberized, or InvisibleShield?

I've heard pros and cons of each -- Agent18 seems to have some scratching issues when taking it on and off, and it has that ugly tree on the back. I haven't heard anything really negative of the seidio case, and to tell you the truth, I had one for my curve and it was absolutely amazing (not to mention, their customer service is second to none). And lastly, the invisible shield -- I hear that it is great protection, and of course it doesn't compromise the original look, but is using LIQUID to apply something on an ELECTRONIC device really good for it? I'm somehow very skeptical of this, and of course, the touch is a little less sensitive according do various posts on the forums.

Any ideas? Opinions would be greatly appreciated!

scott99

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Great Neck, NYC
I just switched over from my Blackberry Curve -- I won't lie, I miss the push e-mail and the voice memos and voice dialing, but other than that, I love my iPhone (esp. being a die hard mac user).

Anyways, I love the current "naked" feel of the phone -- it's just so light and sleek -- but I'm afraid of getting scratches, etc. I've heard the screen doesn't scratch too much, but that other parts of the phone do.

I was wondering, which of the three should I get: Agent18 eco, Seidio hard case rubberized, or InvisibleShield?

I've heard pros and cons of each -- Agent18 seems to have some scratching issues when taking it on and off, and it has that ugly tree on the back. I haven't heard anything really negative of the seidio case, and to tell you the truth, I had one for my curve and it was absolutely amazing (not to mention, their customer service is second to none). And lastly, the invisible shield -- I hear that it is great protection, and of course it doesn't compromise the original look, but is using LIQUID to apply something on an ELECTRONIC device really good for it? I'm somehow very skeptical of this, and of course, the touch is a little less sensitive according do various posts on the forums.

Any ideas? Opinions would be greatly appreciated!
I have both the Agent 18 case, and the Seidio Hybrid Combo (crystal clear front and black back, also came with the holster). The Agent 18 is a nice case, fits really well, and seems to offer great protection (except for the screen). I didn't like the bulkiness and the slippery feel of the Agent 18. The Seidio is my favorite case, it is so slim and classy looking, and I like the feel of it, especially the back part. That combined with the holster make it the classiest combo I have seen yet, and is my everyday office combo. There is the highly discussed clickiness of where the top and bottom meet (near the volume buttons), but otherwise, it's my favorite.

That being said, No case seems to protect the screen (IMHO, plastic screen protectors applied to the screen don't offer that much protection). the only case I've found that makes me feel safe about the screen is the MobiProducts Protector. It's a great case, and pretty inexpensive (sells for $19.99 at the everythingiPhone store I think). Overall, my favorite is the Seidio, but for safety, give me the Mobi.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
The Invisible shield installs fine on the iPhone (with some patience) and it does protect it from scratches and dings.
Take it from someone that had to remove the shield to return the phone to Apple and got a new one, and dropped it 20 minutes after walking out of the store. Had I had the shield on it, the damage would probably not even be noticeable. Unfortunately, since I just received it, it hit the pavement bare....
And if you do have to remove the shield for any reason. Return it back to ZAGG, and they will send out another, with you only covering the cost of shipping. (2.49)

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I love my Agent18. I have not had any issues with scratching, and if you don't like the tree (i don't either), there is the clear version.

Last edited by a moderator:

mutilate607

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
agent 18 clear rules. its the best but get a screen thing like power guard yah agent18 cases + power guard = best

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Cases are for functionality, not for showing off. Get a rubber skin and a screen guard and you'll be able to toss it across pavement, face down, and it will still look stock (TRUST ME)

People can't tell you have an iPhone, and that's cool, cause then they won't steal it.

The reason for rubber: grip. It's really awesome... without the skin, it feels really slippery to me now! Plus I can plug into my aux jack in the car and just sit it on the dash. I can't turn sharp enough to make it budge.

BUT, when I get into the safety of my carpeted home, I unskin and enjoy the beauty all by myself (sounds lewd... isn't). Hell, you bought the thing, you should be the only one to experience it in all its glory ;)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I too have steered away from cases because I love the look of the iPhone. However, that resulted in getting numerous dings on the back.

I picked up an Agent 18 case from the Apple Store yesterday and I love it. I doesn't take anything away from the look of the iPhone, is very secure, and it docks. It doesn't block any access to the screen or buttons either.