Agile messenger

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
This is the best app out there for IM on the iPhone/iPod touch. It supports: ICQ, MSN, AOL, Yahoo!, Jabber, and Google Talk. I have only tried the AOL, but it works very well. The graphics are awesome, and it has a lot of features. You can even take a picture with your iPhone camera, and send it to someone while you are chatting! (haven't tried that feature yet though). You can even swipe between chats/contacts. It seems like it could be made with the SDK. If you IM i suggest you try it.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
OK, I LOVE this... the interface is nearly perfect. However, I sent a couple pictures, and they seem to have messed up my camera folder.... because now the camera app (and snapture) will not save pics.

Any ideas?

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
well, when i just sent my first picture it said it was uploading and when i clicked "show" to see it after it sent, it froze and then restarted my phone. my camera is fine though. so, maybe try turning off and turning your phone off.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
My pics - both with built-in camera and Snapture (and even the hardware button screencap feature) are still showing up properly in the Camera Roll - after having done a few snaps in Agile Messenger.

That's after a quick (unrelated) reboot - maybe a factor?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Just to update... I was chatting with Patrick on Agile... and he reproduced my problem.

Apparently once you take a picture with the app, the camera app will lock and not save after taking a picture. A restart is required, then the camera works fine.

As this is a very early release, I'm sure these things will be ironed out. The interface on this application is nothing short of amazing. It will go down as the IM app to have... especially once it hits the Appstore. Just my opinion, but mark my words. Very, very slick!

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Ill have to remember that. And I completely agree with you about the interface. It is amazing. I can't wait till the AppStore comes out so we can have so many more apps like that!

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Is Agile Messenger free? I used to use it, but the trial ran out and I had to purchase a licence. I dumped it and used Beejive or something instead.

Just wondering if Agile changed their policy?

This is the best app out there for IM on the iPhone/iPod touch. It supports: ICQ, MSN, AOL, Yahoo!, Jabber, and Google Talk. I have only tried the AOL, but it works very well. The graphics are awesome, and it has a lot of features. You can even take a picture with your iPhone camera, and send it to someone while you are chatting! (haven't tried that feature yet though). You can even swipe between chats/contacts. It seems like it could be made with the SDK. If you IM i suggest you try it.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
well i didn't see anything that said it was a trial. If it is a trial then they didn't make it very apparent, or I'm just stupid (my hair starts to turn blonde in the summer :p )

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
I saw this app on installer last night and downloaded it. After using it this morning, I was extremely pleased with the overall user interface, connectivity, options, just an awesome program in general!

This is by far, the best AIM/chat client I've seen for the iPhone. Not to mention, it even supports GoogleTalk!

Job well done

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I do love it too, except I noticed a few issues with it. After typing with it for a while, the keyboard click sounds and lock sounds become "muffled" and the sound is a little off until you reset the phone. And also, a couple of times, when I would send messages, or receive them, the font would disappear.

Has anyone else noticed these things?

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
yes, happens to me too, and it happened to alex also, but you don`t need to restart the phone just play a video or a track and the sound will come back :) the app it`s quite buggy but hey, it`s soo cool and i`m sure they will fix it soon, but i also think it will be in the app store, and we will have to pay for it because i use to have it on my old nokia phone and i had to pay for it ;)

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
yes, happens to me too, and it happened to alex also, but you don`t need to restart the phone just play a video or a track and the sound will come back :) the app it`s quite buggy but hey, it`s soo cool and i`m sure they will fix it soon, but i also think it will be in the app store, and we will have to pay for it because i use to have it on my old nokia phone and i had to pay for it ;)
Oh okay. Thats good to know. And yeah it probably will be in the app store. Its a very, well designed app. How much did you pay for it for your Nokia?

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
50$ i think last year, it was a bit expensive, i hope it will be cheaper if they decide to charge money for it, and i`m sure they will

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Wow. That is quite a bit expensive. If its not though, we still have the free AIM app. It has similar features...except that applies to people like me who only use AIM though...

B-Rad

Jan 5, 2008
Brownsville, TX
I love this app. I was using fring before this but this interface and functionality is a lot nicer.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'm having trouble imagining this thing conforming to Apple's strict SDK guidelines (especially regarding not running in the background). But I guess if AIM can do it, Agile can somehow. Maybe they're making use of that workaround that Apple came up with...

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
I keep getting an alert saying "Your screen name is now signed into AOL(R) Instant Messenger in 2 locations..."
I'm not signed into AOL anywhere other than my phone. Anyone else having this issue, or have any idea of what the problem could be?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I keep getting an alert saying "Your screen name is now signed into AOL(R) Instant Messenger in 2 locations..."
I'm not signed into AOL anywhere other than my phone. Anyone else having this issue, or have any idea of what the problem could be?
Sure you don't have some sort of IM app open on a desktop / laptop machine? I only ever see this type of message (from MSN in my case) when I have Adium open on the Mac and the use an iPhone IM client ...

MiataLord

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Orange County, CA
theres a update on cydia for Agile messenger, it seems to fix the sound issue, for some reason its not on installer yet