AIM App problems

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
I have been unable to connect to AIM using the AIM app for several days or weeks now. Is everyone experiencing this same problem? What's wrong with the app?

Also, when AIM fixes whatever is wrong with the app right now, are they also going to introduce push notifications? Anyone know the latest on that?

Thanks.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I have been unable to connect to AIM using the AIM app for several days or weeks now. Is everyone experiencing this same problem? What's wrong with the app?

Also, when AIM fixes whatever is wrong with the app right now, are they also going to introduce push notifications? Anyone know the latest on that?

Thanks.
Had this problem the other day. Delete the app and reinstall it. Should fix it.

jUeLz23

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
yeah im having the same problem..
ima try and uninstall and reinstall see what it fixes

sl0ppyshat

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
I ran into the same problem.

Go into your AIM app. settings and erase your account information. The open the AIM app. It will ask you for your user name and password again. This has fixed the problem for me several times.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
i ran into the same problem a few days ago
i'll try what you guys said to see if it fixes it

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
yep. same here. i thought it was just me...but yeah i just deleted it, reinstalled and seems to be working fine now...:laugh2:

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
WOW I thought that it was that new Free ALL In one APP that caused my AIM not to work. Guess Not. Thanks for the fix.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
WOW I thought that it was that new Free ALL In one APP that caused my AIM not to work. Guess Not. Thanks for the fix.

actually i have both apps and they both were glitchin' ystrday...works fine today...i also discovered that you can't be signed to AOL and AIM in both apps at the same time...

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
ok AIM just released a 1.3 update that fixes the connection issue
it works fine for me now