Aim express=text message

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rcossy1023

Jul 1, 2007
I was thinking, since aim express is technically a website, would messages sent through aim express count as text messages or no? Does anyone know for sure?

rcossy1023

Jul 1, 2007
alrighhhttyyyy then...well then what about the "ichat and AIM" app available for the iPhone? are those considered text messages or just internet time?
Thanks

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
alrighhhttyyyy then...well then what about the "ichat and AIM" app available for the iPhone? are those considered text messages or just internet time?
Thanks
im pretty sure its considered internet time. but i have yet to find a web based AIM app that works good.

MundoGrande

Bronze
Jan 26, 2008
I dunno man, I've been hearing AIM counts as text. Even asked a couple ATT people and they said it does.

Anybody know for sure?

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
I dunno man, I've been hearing AIM counts as text. Even asked a couple ATT people and they said it does.

Anybody know for sure?
in short, NO. instant messaging programs do not eat up your text messages. When you send a text message it goes through AT&T's servers and count as a text but when using an instant messaging app such as mobilechat or apollo, its only data which is not going through AT&T. So if you are using meebo.com or x.aim.com/ty for instant messaging, it does not count against your text message. So go forth and message away.