AIM w/ Push Notification

OnyxSin

Jun 19, 2009
Henderson, NV
Okay so my dear husband just bought the 3GS today, and now he is wondering when he will be able to receive AIM with push notification? He is a tad bit jealous of mine.. Tee Hee Hee.. :laugh2:

Anyone know a reales date, even just a guesstimate?

THANKS

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Its obviously coming but no one knows. IM+ may have it sooner considering they already submitted the update awhile ago (as they say in their description). Shouldn't be too long.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
no one wants to pay beejive when you have like 20 other options

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
So my new 3GS is great...but for some reason on the AIM app, I cannot see what I am typing and the new IMs do not automatically scroll when new ones come in. What the hell do I do? Delete the appa nd totally re downlaod?

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
So my new 3GS is great...but for some reason on the AIM app, I cannot see what I am typing and the new IMs do not automatically scroll when new ones come in. What the hell do I do? Delete the appa nd totally re downlaod?
Its a glitch since AIM didn't update for 3.0 yet. Just click in the chat and the keyboard will go back down, click again on the part you would normally click and its fixed. Sounds confusing but you'll figure it out.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Oh OK...so don't both un/reinstalling until they come out witha n update?

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Oh OK...so don't both un/reinstalling until they come out witha n update?
Yes. All apps (that are still supported) will have an update for 3.0, whether its just bug fixes or new features (aka push notifications). It's just a matter of time.

OnyxSin

Jun 19, 2009
Henderson, NV
styfle, thanks so much... I knew it was coming out, just wondering a timeline. Unfortunitly it seems as though AIM is keeping under wraps. I have it on my phone as Beta which amazingly still works wonders even on my new 3GS. I am finding a lot of apps that worked on my old phone do not on my 3GS, and some don't have updates. However the ones that released updates typically fixed whatever problem I was having. LOL Long time waiting with updates. Maybe I have too many applications.

Thanks again for all the replys. ;0)