aim

ap93

Bronze
Feb 7, 2008
hey have any of you guys heard of any instant messanger apps coming out for the iPhone when the update is released. Let me know Thanks

g-reg

Jun 15, 2008
mobilechat on twenty08.com/installer

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
I would install mobile chat for now. It was weird that aim was not mentioned at WWDC. I know there are a lot of apps coming out but the official aim for iPhone may come till after september. If you watched the keynote you'll see the part where they mentioned push notification. The reason they are doing it that way as they said was because Apple does not want applications running in the background because it eats up CPU cycles and power. So there going to do push notification. From what I understand how it may work is that for instance, you sign in on your AIM account and its going to be kept running on a server and not on your phone like when u put it to sleep. So if someone IM's you a notification is "pushed" to your phone right away so u can respond. Clever I'd say.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I would install mobile chat for now. It was weird that aim was not mentioned at WWDC. I know there are a lot of apps coming out but the official aim for iPhone may come till after september. If you watched the keynote you'll see the part where they mentioned push notification. The reason they are doing it that way as they said was because Apple does not want applications running in the background because it eats up CPU cycles and power. So there going to do push notification. From what I understand how it may work is that for instance, you sign in on your AIM account and its going to be kept running on a server and not on your phone like when u put it to sleep. So if someone IM's you a notification is "pushed" to your phone right away so u can respond. Clever I'd say.
clever indeed
i remember when i first saw that in the keynote and almost shat myself

ok not really but it is a great idea

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I'm sure there will be some sort of AIM application in the App Store.

- John