Airplane mode error

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
So, I seem to be some sort of magnet for quirky iPhone problems. On Friday, the Apple store exchanged the 3G I got on iDay2 due to a faulty Bluetooth radio. Today, the two-day old phone started randomly popping up a message about the device I was connecting to not being for iPhones and asking if I wanted to switch to airplane mode to minimize interference... only I wasn't connected to anything.

I tried just rebooting the phone, to no avail. Then I tried restoring and was told that it couldn't restore because the back-up was corrupted (I did not back-up immediately prior to the restore attempt, figuring I'd just use the back-up from yesterday rather than risk creating a back-up with problems). Now the phone has been detected as being in recovery mode, but iTunes has, twice, reported that it cannot be restored "for unknown reasons".

Ugh. Back to Apple tomorrow? I'm so frustrated.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Dang that's pretty rough. I got my iPhone form iDay2 replaced yesterday for a glaring gap between the screen and the bezel. Replaced with no problems but it would suck to have to do it more frequently.

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
I've got it restoring now from the third-oldest backup (a couple of days ago). At least it's doing SOMETHING other than sitting here inoperable. But I also made a genius appointment (Tuesday being the soonest available) right away because I don't want to be without a phone any longer than necessary if I can't get this resolved.

I'm starting to wonder if I should just get up everyday and make myself an appointment just in case... this is some serious bad luck. :(

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
Okay, I am *finally* done restoring. The last backup from my original 3G was not corrupted. I took off every app I'd installed that I wasn't using. So far, so good. No funky airplane mode error messages.

I'm thinking it would be nice to have a phone that was operating at 100% for more than a few days. I'd like to *not* do another retore anytime soon. (I never did even one on my v1 until I got it ready to give to my husband.)

I'm keeping my Genius appointment for Tuesday just in case. I'll cancel Tuesday morning if everything is working well.

This was a little scary.