Airplane mode or WiFi Off

Aug 9, 2011
Crafton, PA
I'm not sure if I'm on the right topic or thread.

But anyway, I have question that really need an answer. I'm a bit confused about it so I would like to ask for your help. Seriously, what is the difference between airplane mode or wifi off? At first I thought it was just the same. :unsure:

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I'm not sure if I'm on the right topic or thread.

But anyway, I have question that really need an answer. I'm a bit confused about it so I would like to ask for your help. Seriously, what is the difference between airplane mode or wifi off? At first I thought it was just the same. :unsure:
Wifi off is just wifi off. Airplane mode won't let you make calls, make data transfers or text. An iPod really.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Aug 9, 2011
Crafton, PA
Even if your wifi is off is there still a chance that the device will still look or scan for a connection?

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Can I use airplane mode setting even if I'm not flying or not in the plane?
Yes. If u want to just use the functions on your phone an not be able to send or receive anything u should and can use airplane mode. Don't worry even with steve jobs having more free time he won't come to your house and spank you for using airplane mode.
It is just names airplane mode because as phone evolved into more than phones people wanted to play games or listen to music or whatever while on a plane. Airplane mode allows this. Old phones had on or off that was the only way to prevent the sending or receiving of data

Aug 9, 2011
Crafton, PA
Thank you so much "Rugaby", you're a great help. Now I have a better understanding about it.