Airplane mode?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

maybear25

Aug 27, 2007
Seattle, WA
So this is a bit of a strange question. Today when I was listening to music on my iPhone a message came up along the lines of my "accessory"not being made for use with the iPhone and asking me if I want to go into "airplane mode" to reduce risk of interference despite my chances of potentially missing phone calls.
When this message pops up my iPhone stops playing music and I have to unplug and reinsert my headphones in order for me to listen to my tracks again.
Now I've seen this message before when I've plugged my iPhone into certain speaker docks...HOWEVER I was listening to my iPhone with the headphones that came with it. Anyone else receive this message using their iPhone headphones? Is this something I should be concerned about?
Any feedback or suggestions would be helpful. :)

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
The message is just a warning that if the phone part of the iPhone is left on it can/will interfere with the speakers in the device you plugged in. You can disregard it and see if the iPhone interferes with the device you plugged in or not. Some do, some don't.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
That message should only occur if you plug it in to an accessory via the bottom connector. I would take it in to Apple if it happens all the time and you can show it to them (but only if it's not modded or unlocked).

maybear25

Aug 27, 2007
Seattle, WA
The message is just a warning that if the phone part of the iPhone is left on it can/will interfere with the speakers in the device you plugged in. You can disregard it and see if the iPhone interferes with the device you plugged in or not. Some do, some don't.
I understand what the message is for...but the message comes up when I'm using the headphones that came with my iPhone. What I am asking is if anyone else has come across this message when using the iPhone headphones...