AirPlay on iOS 7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by rgomez, Jul 13, 2013.

1. rgomez

rgomez Member
    Bronze

Anyone else having trouble using airplay on iOS 7 (beta 3)? I pull up Control Center and I don't see the airplay option next to airdrop. Yes, my wifi is on and Im using an airplay device. Always worked fine before updating to iOS 7. Am I missing something?

2. reas0n

reas0n Member
    Silver

Personally the only thing I have is the app Reflector for Mac that I can use Airplay with, and it works fine with my iPhone 5 running iOS7 beta 3. Wish I had more stuff to test for you :unsure:

3. rgomez

rgomez Member
    Bronze

Thanks for the reply reas0n. Its funny that once I made this post, the Airplay function finally showed up in control center. But that only lasted for about 5 min and then it was gone again. Weird. Airplay works fine on my ipad, so Im going to chalk it up to being an ios7 bug.

4. reas0n

reas0n Member
    Silver

No problem! That's usually how it works, try and replicate exactly what you did there maybe? Turn the airplay device off then reboot your iPhone, then turn the device back on and give it a go? just some suggestions, good luck...

5. reas0n

reas0n Member
    Silver

Update: I don't know if you're still having issues, but I was able to test on a Jawbone BIG Jambox wireless speaker yesterday and everything worked extremely well. I hope you've resolved it by now.

6. rgomez

rgomez Member
    Bronze

Hey reas0n,
    Things kind of resolved themselves. I didn't do anything different, but Airplay is now showing up. I did a little research and it turns out my iHome airplay speaker has had a lot of complaints over connectivity. I see now why it was on sale.

7. reas0n

reas0n Member
    Silver

Sorry to hear it's a hardware issue, so much easier and cheaper to fix the software...Glad your phone is working properly nonetheless... Take care!

8. superteds34

superteds34 New Member

Hi, yes I have had exactly the same problem. No airplay icon on control centre after the upgrade. Lost my only way to get bbc I player onto my Apple TV. Same for YouTube. Have tried some tips from other people - all updated to current versions, all devices have been re booted and reset. Reset the Apple TV but still no go. It's been 3 days now and it hasn't come back! Any help would be appreciated.
    Brian

9. Mavrek

Mavrek New Member

Hi, this is my first post here
    Brian sign out of your home sharing on the Apple TV and reenter it again home sharing or your Apple ID on all your devices reboot and see if it work for you
    Please Let me know if it works
    Talal

10. superteds34

superteds34 New Member

Thanks for the advise - but it's a no go this end! I've done as you suggested but all I get on my iPod touch is the airdrop icon but no airplay icon. Any more ideas?
    Thanks in anticipation.
    Brian

11. Mavrek

Mavrek New Member

Happy new year Brian,

Brian i think your devices should be new
    Devices not older than 1~2 modules back
    May be your devices are older
    I got iPad 3 ( the new iPad ) and I can't use the air drop but with my iPad mini works fine.

Sorry for delay reply hope it answers your questions.

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You are connected to the same WiFi account on the iPod and you have reset all settings?
    Settings app > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

13. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

In addition, is AirPlay enabled on the ATV?

14. superteds34

superteds34 New Member

Happy new year to you also. iPad model is mc706FD/A ( from settings) it's not the very latest but the one before? It has the retina screen and I am running version 7.04(11B554a) the iPod touch is version 5 with same version of IOS7 as the iPad. Both have had the full reset treatment and apart from a better wallpaper and some lengthy inputting of details everyone else is back as before. To be honest, the control centre had hardly been used on either device, never had a need until I lost the icon on the individual screens. If I could find it from somewhere else in another menu I would not be bothered. I am reluctant at this point to reset the router, as I have only recently upgraded it to a more modern asus. At long last I have got a stable and faster connection than before. We have been guided through this tricky process by my wife's son who works in IT support for a large bank so far his advice has been low risk and successful. He admits to not being an Apple person and uses a google nexus. He suggested the forums as he didn't want to screw up because of lack of familiarity and specific product knowledge. If I reset the router it seems high risk as I have other devices on it as well. Pure internet radio, wife's nexus and iMac. An old iPod touch linked to the hifi, TV decoder, wife's old laptop. You get the picture? It's a lot of resetting plus we would need to update the firmware on the assistance again as this is the default position each time it's reset
    Brian

15. superteds34

superteds34 New Member

Yes that as well! Thanks for asking.
    Brian