AirPods Question

Discussion in 'iPhone 7' started by topcat84, Sep 9, 2016.

1. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

Hi Guys!!
    I'm thinking I'm going to wait another year on a new iPhone, but was wondering if the new AirPods will work on my iPhone 6+? I really think those are pretty cool!! I'm also wondering if anyone knows how an incoming call works. Will Siri announce the name of the contact if they're in your contact list? Thanks in advance. Cheers!!

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

They will, in fact, work with your iPhone 6 Plus, and a bunch of other devices as well. Certain features may not be available on all devices; see the linked article for more information.

#2 Rafagon, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks for the info, Rafagon!! I think they'll be pretty cool!! Cheers!!

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

But will they stay in your ears better than standard-issue EarPods?! That is the question :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

They appear to be the same size and shape. I'd never be able to wear them. I'll stick with my over the head Bluetooth headset.

6. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

They do appear to be the same size and shape of the Apple Ear Pods, and if so, they fit my ear perfectly, whereas other Bluetooth devices do not. I know I'm going to definitely test them out. Do you think we'll be able to pre-order them sometime in October? And when will we find out when they can be ordered? Cheers!!

7. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I can almost guarantee people will lose these as they fall out of the ear or will have a difficult time keeping them in place. I have a devil of a time keeping the Apple earpods in my ear and that is even with a sleeve that fits over them to prevent slipping. It's probably the way my ears are designed. Fortunately, my bluetooth earbuds have a cord to connect them and rest around my neck. I guess Apple thought that a cord attaching to them would be too distracting from the clean design of the airpods.

I do like how easily the airpods pair with the iPhone though.

8. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Airpods look absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. That stick hanging down from your ear looks awful. Now, in all fairness the tech inside seems awesome. I will stick with my Bragi Dash.

9. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

How long before some type of a 'keeper' that slips over the ends of the pods comes out? iNecklace / iKeeper / pod protector :D

10. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1473603296.721456.jpg :D

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • List
  11. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

Hi Guys!!
    I've forgotten how accessories and ordering works. Will Apple announce the AirPods are available to preorder or will we just have to keep checking their website for the sell date? I'm hoping they'll allow us to preorder pretty soon. Thanks in advance!! Cheers!!

12. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I think they generally just show up.. These might be different though since Apple touted them on stage.

13. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

They are tentatively scheduled to be available in late October. Apple typically announces release dates/pre-order dates a week or two in advance.

15. RBNetEngr

RBNetEngr Contributor
    Bronze

I use the iPhone EarPods regularly and I like them. I do have an issue where they don't always fit snugly in my ears.

So I bought these:

http://earhoox.com/#earpods

They cost $9.95 for a pair. They really help the EarPods to stay in, and they'll likely work with the AirPods as well.

Also, by holding the EarPods more snugly in my ears, they end up sounding better as well.

-rb

16. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

Those look great! A real problem solver for those who don't get a great fit with the plain EarPods.

17. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

Normally there would be a wire coming out of the stick portion. The wire makes it look better?

18. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1474231587.525359.jpg

19. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Agree, yes the wire does make it look better. I think wireless earbuds look better in ear without that stick hanging down. Love the look and performance of my Bragi Dash

20. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Contributor
    Silver

I don't know if I'll be buying these. I like the tech behind them just not the aesthetics. Getting tired of Apple rehashing the same design. I don't like the way they look once they are on the ear but I do like how they work and interact with Apple products.