AirPods Question

Discussion in 'iPhone 7' started by topcat84, Sep 9, 2016.

1. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

@liberated Bragi delayed my order after I e-mailed to confirm before Christmas delivery - still waiting

2. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I am talking about "The Headphone" which got good reviews.

3. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Same here, delayed, I also own the Dash which I love, but the headphone is going to be my daily driver at work and out and about, can't wait!!!! I'm considering the airpods as a spare for iMac home use only, can't really use them for fitness without proper controls for music (Siri can't understand me half the time) not to mention the look lol

4. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I got my hand on 2 pair of the AirPods - Christmas was saved. My son loves his and told me he he can now finally charge his phone again, while listening music. He wonders if they fit under the Lacrosse helmet.
    My biggest worry is actually loosing the charging case. They are the size of travel size floss, light weight and slippery. I dropped it twice pulling my phone out of my Hoodie pocket. They get lost easy in my purse and I will get a bigger pouch or something for my kids sports and school bags. A little loop to add some small strap would be nice.

5. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I'm a big Apple fan and own just about every apple product, I really don't want to hate on the airpods, as a matter of fact I will be ordering them for home use only, I just feel like Apple purposely left out some key features that I'm sure we will see on subsequent generations and that annoys me. For under helmet use I'd definitely go with the inear design Bragi offers. :)

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I don't like how the airpods look. They're like dangling earrings. Not my style.

7. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Couldn’t agree with you more. I’m a man who has never worn earrings nor even remotely entertained that possibility, and I would prefer to keep it that way!

8. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I agree, they are ugly and lack functionality. I do own much better earbuds, I ordered the airpods as a permanent companion to my iMac at home so I can use them as needed when I want to watch YouTube and not disturb anyone watching tv here. I would not want to use out and about because the controls are non existent and they look silly, at least till everyone starts wearing them and the look normalizes.

9. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

The other reason, version 2 will no doubt have all the features missing on this gen. Typical apple money grab lol

10. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1483053463.457955.jpg

11. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Yep. I am hearing they do sound great. But not for me. I doubt they would stay in my ears anyway. I like over the head style headphones.

12. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

My lack of patience has gotten the better of me. I bought some on Ebay and cancelled my order on from Apple. I'll get my AirPods a month before Apple had planned to ship, but I also paid 20 dollars more to get them. I know--First World Problems.

13. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

So far so good. I love these AirPods. The only hiccup I've had is the charging Case. It depletes the charge over night at least five % and at least five to ten % an hour. I read that they just have to be recalibrated. I haven't done that yet, but I expect they'll work better when I do recalibrate them, I hope.:unsure: If not, I can try another fix of letting them run down and then recharging everything and re-pairing them to my IPhone. I'll see how it goes.

Other than that, they are GR8 for me! They don't slip out of my ears. They are so comfortable that I forget I have them in my ears. That is scary and dangerous. They haven't slipped out of my ears at all. As far as how they look, I like it. I have long curly hair and they're hidden for the most part, but really, IDC if they look funny to anyone looking or if I stand out if you can even see them in my ears. I don't blend in with the crowd as it is, so what's two white AirPods hanging out of my ear going to matter? ROFLMAO! They look cool on my hubby too. He uses the Spiegen strap as it makes him feel more secure when he's out and about but IMHO a strap isn't necessary. The strap weighs down the AirPods and they will feel like they can slip out and eventually slip out. The strap is a hindrance, but if you need the security, then go for it.

I'm already looking forward to the 2nd gen of the AirPods. Apple has a lot to update. I need at least the same amount of control as I had with my earbuds, but the current AirPods don't let you do the simplest of things. If I need to skip to the next song or go back a song or two, I have to ask Siri to do that but that's not convenient all the time, or even most times for me. However, the alternative of tapping on the AirPods might work as a feature, if it worked. LOL!! I find when I tap for Siri or switch the control to Play/Pause I have to tap several times to get the command to function. That needs to be updated along with other functions. I have a feeling they're going to fix the bugs with some kind of update before the next iteration of AirPods.

I absolutely love :love:the freedom I have of not being wired up like I have been since 2008. Wireless is awesome!:ROFLMAO: In the meantime, we, who have decided to take the plunge, are the real world testers. :whistle: I look forward to all the updates and changes. :laugh2:

14. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I have to add that I can get 5hrs out of these. This morning, at 7:05 I started using them to listen to music and then here at work to talk and listen to music.They were down to 14% at 12:15pm. that's a little over five hours. My charging case had 90% charge to it. I just put them in the case to top them off and we shall see what that leaves the case with.

I think the next iteration should hold more charge and work for a longer period of time. I can see that I'll be using these a whole lot and five hours goes by faster than you think especially if you're a commuter to work and then you use them at work.

Oh and also, the fix I read about, I think I inadvertently performed it yesterday and that's why I have 90% charge left on my charging case. This time over the weekend, I'd be down below 50%. I read about recalibrating and I actually did that yesterday by mistake. Just pushing buttons that seemed to do nothing and then re-pairing, that was the actual fix I read about and I did that and it seems to be working better. I'll keep monitoring it.

15. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

I read that tapping the pods is detected by the accelerometer so maybe a harder tap may give you better results. My AirPods are expected to be delivered Thursday. I can't wait.

16. Declan Mills

Declan Mills New Member

Plus you can already buy bluetooth earphones that have a wire and cost a fifth of the price. And what do you do with the wire when you're not using it?

17. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Bragi charged me now but so far no shipping notice ...hubby has announced this will be his pair. I will check out what was announced at CES - I am not attending this year :( and make a decision to order a 2nd pair .

18. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

$3.99 App
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I just got my shipping and tracking info, they'll be here Monday. Don't lose hope, they are slowly catching up!

20. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

You made me look and I did get mine too.
    Scheduled delivery information is not available at this time. Please check back later.
    They are in KY and weather may delay the delivery.